PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh... it's like coming home

cctip8895
05-27-2008, 02:59 PM
I love this forum... I understand much of what is posted here and none of it makes me roll my eyes.

I know, I know... the arrogance thing. In all honesty, I'm more worried that I'll have something positive to contribute to the boards than I am critical of what other INTJs write here.

I'm 39 and female, in case that matters to anyone.

Motor Jax
05-27-2008, 03:05 PM
hello cctip8895 (?), and welcome

cctip8895
05-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Thank you, Motor Jax. It's very nice to be welcomed here.

Seriously, this forum rocks :)

rwyatt365
05-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Your input is welcome, as is your presence. Don't worry, just dive in...we'll chastise you when, and where appropriate!

(Arr, take no prisoners mateys!)

Motor Jax
05-27-2008, 03:13 PM
aye, capt'n!

cctip8895
05-27-2008, 03:13 PM
LOL - oh, I'm sure I'll jump in here and there. I can be quite verbose every now and again. As for chastising - I say bring it on! I welcome it and even relish it if it sparks a good debate.

rwyatt365
05-27-2008, 03:23 PM
LOL - oh, I'm sure I'll jump in here and there. I can be quite verbose every now and again. As for chastising - I say bring it on! I welcome it and even relish it if it sparks a good debate.
OK...

Young lady(?) put some clothes on and take off that silly hat. And how long have you had that tatoo on your back?! You'll never get married with a thing like that on your back!! I thought I taught you better than that - where did I go wrong?

How's that? Too "Jewish mother"-ish? How was the inflection? And the timing...it seemed a little off to me.

cctip8895
05-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Actually, it was okay... the only thing I see a problem with is your "(?)" after "young lady."

I mean... really.

Speaking of the silly hat and tat, I do need to find a new avatar. Yeesh!

mental drift
05-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Yes, that tatoo and hat, I mean really. Turn around and let me see the other side, do you have a tatoo there also?

*pulls out cell phone camera and waits to see if cctip is gullible enough to turn around*

You said you were worried that you might have something positive to contribute, but I'm not sure that this is what you meant. Anyways, welcome.

cctip8895
05-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Seriously? A gullible INTJ? Uh. Put away your camera phone before you hurt someone with it :)

PHS Philip
05-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Why do you need a camera phone? Doesn't that eye have a camera attachment as well as the laser?

Welcome to the forum!

replicant
05-28-2008, 12:13 AM
'ello :)

Elfrun
05-28-2008, 01:50 AM
OK...

Young lady(?) put some clothes on and take off that silly hat. And how long have you had that tatoo on your back?! You'll never get married with a thing like that on your back!! I thought I taught you better than that - where did I go wrong?

How's that? Too "Jewish mother"-ish? How was the inflection? And the timing...it seemed a little off to me.

huh? :stunned:

I didn't see what she was wearing but from the description I have to ask WHAT was wrong with it :suspicious:

Welcome cctip8895, pay no mind to the old men/jewish mother figure?!

AutisticCuckoo
05-28-2008, 02:39 AM
Welcome, from another recent joiner inner. :)

rwyatt365
05-28-2008, 08:45 AM
huh? :stunned:

I didn't see what she was wearing but from the description I have to ask WHAT was wrong with it :suspicious:

Welcome cctip8895, pay no mind to the old men/jewish mother figure?!
*continuing on from before...*

[Joan Rivers voice]
Oh yeah, right! Change clothes why don't you?! Are you trying to make me look silly? Don't answer that!! You and your cutesy-wootsy new avatar, you don't fool me! I saw what you had on before - I took a picture. Didn't think of that, now did you? Wait till your father sees how his "princess" goes out. He'll probably have another heart attack, and you'll have that on your conscious!

Where did I go wrong? Where?!
[/Joan Rivers voice]

(I like the tone of this one better. And the use of the guilt-trip I think is especially effective. Did you note the reference to "princess" (as in "Jewish Princess"), nice touch huh?)

Elfrun
05-28-2008, 09:09 AM
So Ms Rivers are you saying it's un-lady-like to show a bit of skin and reveal your back tattoo to the world :suspicious: *a loan tear falls down Trin's check the only outward sign of the hurt that is tearing her insides apart as a result of hearing such cutting words from someone she respects so highly, she turns her head quickly to hide the anguish*

rwyatt365
05-28-2008, 12:15 PM
[Wilford Brimley persona]
Now, now Trinity. Don't be upset. Those tatoos you have are really nice, I'd even say they're dang pritty! And there's nothin' more pleasin' to the eye than a pritty gurl, with a pritty back-tatoo, showin' it off for all the world to see! So dry yer eyes and don't let that mean ol' hag, Joanie, ruffle yer feathers none - she's a snippy lil' somethin', that one! Stop yer snottin' and let's go get some ice cream - how's that sound?
[/Wilford Brimley persona]

(sheesh, the things I have to do to keep the peace around here!)