PDA

View Full Version : Introductions...

SerialPsychosis
05-23-2008, 06:14 AM
Hello, I randomly found myself here as a result of firefox add-on "Stumble Upon".

I cannot think of anything incredible to say- probably because I haven't slept.

So ... there it is I suppose. I've been introduced.

Aven
05-23-2008, 08:12 AM
Good show mate.

^^

rwyatt365
05-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Incredible is not necessary, we'll settle for exceptional.

Welcome.

Mafiaangel180
05-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Meh...don't sweat it. I never have anything incredible to say. :p

Welcome. ;D

Bioplasmoid
05-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Welcome.

Elfrun
05-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Welcome, pull up a chair and tell us about yourself.

Motor Jax
05-24-2008, 02:30 PM
A LOT MORE about yourself...

*manic laughter, and slyly says*

...welcome...

SerialPsychosis
05-24-2008, 11:46 PM
About me?

...I'm a student who is studying Psychology (My Theoretical orientation focuses on the Cognitive Behavioral paradigm with maybe a little focus on Gestalt Therapy). I am considering a double major as to include Neuroscience- as it is closely related to Psychology in certain aspects. I once went to school for culinary arts- but gave that up as I didn't want to end up despising cooking.

I plan to take what I know of Psychology- when all is said and done, and become a clinical child psychologist, as well as spending some time in a research position if at all possible.

I don't get out much... and I don't generally get along so well with other people... I like reading a lot, and taking long walks... and I enjoy the company of my iPod essentially everywhere I go because it beats having to hear all the noise people make...

hnn... I really don't know what else you would want to know... so that's all I guess.

mental drift
05-25-2008, 01:36 AM
Wow, sounds like you have gotten some sleep and you still do not have anything incredible to say. :p

Only joking. I am also studying psychology, social psych. but with no real emphasis on any one specific area. I haven't considered Neuroscience though, hmmm. Anyways welcome.

replicant
05-25-2008, 08:23 PM
I enjoy the company of my iPod essentially everywhere I go because it beats having to hear all the noise people make...

I can totally relate to that statement.

My field of interest is Psychology but I am a continuing education student (long story.. skipped) The university I attend during the evenings does not have many degree options. I have to work full time during the day so I don't attend their day school.

I am earning a Liberal Arts Bachelors but my focus is Psychology. My interest is in counseling psychology with a focus on multicultural/multiethnic approach. I think this area needs some attention considering the diversity of people making up the US populace these days.

But honestly, I seem fairweather about educational interests. I like a lot of things so who knows where it will really take me.

But, I do believe in being a student of life and for life. Not content to rest on my laurels.

TehBeefah
05-27-2008, 03:16 PM
That's neat--I'm studying Psychology at UNC-CH. I'll graduate next year, then *attempt* to go to grad school for Educational Psychology. The public school system around here hurts my soul and needs improvement...

replicant
05-28-2008, 12:09 AM
That's neat--I'm studying Psychology at UNC-CH. I'll graduate next year, then *attempt* to go to grad school for Educational Psychology. The public school system around here hurts my soul and needs improvement...

Yeah, public school is in need of help badly. Surprising enough I had an experience with a psychologist in school due to an abusive relationship my mom was carrying on that led to abuse towards me. I despised the woman I was paired with. I explained my problems and feelings. She recited it back at me. I didn't want to meet with her to air my laundry as I could do that with anybody. I wanted suggestions to a possible resolution. Perhaps that is what maybe ignited my interest in Psychology.

Monte314
05-28-2008, 12:58 AM
I really like your avatar.

replicant
05-28-2008, 01:46 AM
I really like your avatar.

;) Thanks :)