PDA

View Full Version : AK Bids Hello

fictionsmosaic
05-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Greetings and salutations, I've traveled far from the north of Alaska to the world of the internet. Well..not really.

Like others, I am INTJ. Took a MBTI test a while back, got INTJ, then a few years ago took internet quizzes and tests and still am INTJ. The last job I had, I helped with moving furniture and fixing up a home. Quit after a few days though, didn't quite agree with my employer. 'I'll do exactly what I know I can do, so stop telling me what to do otherwise.' When it came to giving me the check after the weekend, she misspelled my name several times using the computer. Opened my mouth again, and soon left.

Went through a year with college, I got in some arguments with my teachers over the curriculum as well as teaching methods, so didn't get as much as I wanted out of that year of college, but that was four years ago. Ever since, I've stuck with my writing. I love creating my own world and trying to understand my own characters, although I must admit, some of them I wish I could understand. I guess it's a way for me to train myself how to deal and understand so much people that I'll end up having to meet one day.

rwyatt365
05-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Alaska *shivers* brrrrrr!

Sounds like a lot of "INTJ Vs. The Others" battles. Maybe we can help you with that.

Welcome.

fictionsmosaic
05-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Yeah, that'd be nice. I don't mind it though. Sometimes it makes me smile how often they end up getting so emotional that it just makes it that much easier to read them.

Alaska is pretty nice, I like the cool temperatures. I like winter because it's usually cold, dark, and there's less people walking around. That and there's no chance of walking into a bear, that happened to me once before during one of my solitary walks in college. Luckily nothing happened besides the bear walking off.

I'm in a warmer area of Alaska, Valdez, AK to be precise. It's surrounded by the Chugach National Forest, being a temperate rainforest, it's not as bad as if you are in the Interior of Alaska. Coldest it'd get here would only be -1 or -2 F and the warmest is probably the mid to high 70s, whereas if you are in Fairbanks, AK, the coldest it could get is -55 F (I've went through that cold snap, it hurt to breathe a little) and the warmest I'd felt is the upper 90s also felt in the Interior.

notoppings
05-15-2008, 11:45 PM
To cold for me and I'm from the pac north west Seattle. Welcome and post.

Elfrun
05-16-2008, 02:55 AM
[C] = ([F] − 32) 5⁄9, *scratches head* hmm, sounds cold... I think. Why do you guys in the US have to be so bloody difficult. Celsius people, Celsius!

Welcome fictionsmosaic, youll find lots of unemotional arguments here ;)

rwyatt365
05-16-2008, 08:31 AM
[C] = ([F] − 32) 5⁄9, *scratches head* hmm, sounds cold... I think. Why do you guys in the US have to be so bloody difficult. Celsius people, Celsius!
Celcius was invented by the deviant French. As a former Brit colony, where is your allegiance!! Farenheit forever!!