PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get your dreams/thoughts and your reality mixed up?

SirSrsly
01-02-2011, 05:45 AM
Sometimes if I get stuck inside my own head and keep thinking about the same thing over and over again I forget what was real. For instance, I thought I had an argument with a friend one night and that same night I had a dream that I punched my friend after that same argument. The next day I texted my friend "sorry for punching you in the face after the argument last night", but he was confused because he said that we never had an argument in the first place. Crazy, right?

jerdol
01-02-2011, 06:19 AM
Definitely not me: my mind may wander a bit into hypotheticals, but I know what's real.
I could be wrong, but I think that's more or less the definition of schizophrenia.

Ral3l3it
01-02-2011, 06:39 AM
Sometimes after a read a book for a long time like 4+ hours I can get confused for a few minute. Then I snap back and often get disappointed.

Commissar
01-02-2011, 07:47 AM
I've had a few occasions where after waking up from a very vivid dream I'll be confused as to whether I had done things that I'd actually done the previous day or things that I'd dreamed of the previous night. It is quite disorienting.

MrFreakaficial
01-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Never had that happen. I never "daydream" in the traditional sense, either, as I tend to be acutely aware of my surroundings at all times.

BlackFlames
01-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Yeah especially with money dreams. The last time I had a dream about money it was soooo realistic and in the dream I hid the money under my pillow. I woke up looking for it and I was like what the hell...it took me some time to figure it out.

Fawn
01-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Yes.

kesu
01-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Not really. There have been some occasions where I mixed up the conversations I had in my head with what actually happened, but usually it is over minor details.

Troll
01-02-2011, 12:27 PM
I have dreams like this probably once or twice a month. They usually happen when I do something that makes me feel guilty in them that I would never do in real life. I'll wake up freaking out about whatever I had done until I realize it was just a dream. Scariest five seconds of my day sometimes haha.

Decide
01-02-2011, 12:55 PM
I think it's just when you're tired.

HAL 9000
01-03-2011, 02:50 AM
I tortured my ESTJ mother with this question after watching Inception together.

Yes, often. I'm sure there are distant memories I have, little glimpses of time, that never really happened.

Kanizsa
01-05-2011, 01:59 AM
When I have deja vu like moments or sometimes I can predict how the transaction will take place (kind of like when you have conversations to yourself, rationalizing outloud). Or sometimes numbers will appear or unique things will happen. Like I'll see two people walk past each other wearing opposite colors, things that send random but constructed..

Atmey
01-05-2011, 03:33 AM
I woke up one morning and went to college, I was happy and excited. When the class started I asked myself why am I happy and excited, I remembered I "leveled up" in my dream. I was disappointed.

antistu
01-05-2011, 09:42 AM
I quite often get mixed up between reality and my dreams. There have been cases where I was talking to someone and swore something happened to have them look at me like I am crazy, and then I realize I must have dreamed it.

I remember most of my dreams so that’s a lot of information to store. In addition, my dreams echo lots of life circumstances also so that’s probably why the blending occurs.

undertow
01-05-2011, 09:45 AM
I mix up dreams and thaughts with memories, yes.

MadBomber
01-05-2011, 04:24 PM
On certain psychedelic substances I have a hard time deciding what's real and what's in my head, which is precisely why I enjoy those substances.

Dru
01-05-2011, 09:02 PM
I've had a few occasions where after waking up from a very vivid dream I'll be confused as to whether I had done things that I'd actually done the previous day or things that I'd dreamed of the previous night. It is quite disorienting.

i'm the same. the feeling doesn't take long to wear off, though. on the rarer occasion i'll have to stop and ask myself "did i really do that or did i just dream it?" and usually that's only because sometimes my dreams seem so much like reality that it can be confusing to think back on it later. there's probably some merit to forgetting 90% of your dreams...

Dannie
01-06-2011, 06:34 AM
When I was really young I would dream that I had to go to the bathroom to pee and I would always barely make it. Then I would wake up soaked. Talk about confusion of reality..

Snowex
03-06-2014, 09:26 PM
I actually looked this up in Google search because I wanted to know what it was, but Schizophrenia seems about right! I researched Schizophrenia in the past, and i'm quite convinced that I'm Paranoid Schizophrenic. I don't like to diagnose myself, but how many other disorders make people see things, hear things(people calling my name), and make people think what's in their head is actually reality?

Ricardo Diaz
03-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Only when drinking heavily and staying indoors for a long time.

Go out at least once a day and talk to a few people, preferably as soon as you wake up. So that you get it out of the way and the brain is able to tell what is real. This little interaction and fresh air exercise also staves off all kinds of mental problems like loneliness and dangerous thoughts.

Junk
03-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Yeah. When I'm going through a period of heavy drinking or drug use, I have trouble remembering what's real. I'll start to doubt my experiences, as well.

I've found that a more common problem like this is distinguishing between real and fantasy with respect to my emotions. What I mean is that the fantasies I have while I'm using affect my emotional relationships with people. I'll feel inappropriate (meaning, not contextually normal) feelings for the reality of the situation. I'll think things are OK between me and somebody, when really it's not.. Or I'll be delusional and think everything's shit, when really nothing's wrong.

Major Chord
03-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Life is just a continuous dream interrupted by daily episodes of sleep.

CREB
03-06-2014, 11:31 PM
Recently had a dream about something happening in the future. I got in contact with a close childhood friend in a long time. For a short moment, I almost believed that it actually happened.

Distance
03-07-2014, 12:25 AM
Once in awhile, the emotions from the dream linger.

Sammed
03-07-2014, 01:42 AM
I know I can lucid dream when I nap but outside of that, no.