PDA

View Full Version : What motivates some women to sleep with anyone?

castalia
12-16-2010, 06:47 AM
Why is it that some women, especially (but not limited to) from poorer countries, can't say no when a man comes on to them and will sleep with anyone? Is it because they have been taught that they have no choice in the matter? Or is it only a matter of general horniness and will sleep with anything that moves?

SelfMadeBum
12-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Er, evidence?

castalia
12-16-2010, 06:57 AM
Er, evidence?

Evidence for what? You don't agree that some women will sleep with anyone?

paperclip
12-16-2010, 06:58 AM
Why is it that some women, especially (but not limited to) from poorer countries, can't say no when a man comes on to them and will sleep with anyone?

Do you have examples?

think
12-16-2010, 07:02 AM
Where is the support for this? Do you just have a couple examples of said individuals and are extrapolating across women of this culture? Data, data, data?

:huh:

SelfMadeBum
12-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Evidence for what? You don't agree that some women will sleep with anyone?Whether I think so or not on a discussion forum is irrelevant if I can't produce any evidence to support that assertion.

And I'd like to see the data that substantiates the "poorer countries" claim as well.

Anreader
12-16-2010, 09:40 AM
There are all kinds of reasons why specific women are not too choosy about sexual partners. I don't see how generalizations can be made. Also, I agree, where's the evidence that this is more common in "poorer" countries. I would think that more consumerist countries would have more women who are "promiscuous." That's just off the top of my head though.

crabnebula
12-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Why is that some women, especially (but not limited to) from richer countries, can't stop themselves from generalizing other women? Is it because they have been taught that their opinions are always right and cannot be criticized? Or is it only a matter of general superiority complex and will argue vehemently for it.

And no, I don't need to post evidence for this.

GrnEyz
12-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Women in poorer countries generally rely on the male in the relationship to provide, therefore it would seem logical they would be less likely to stray. Women here in the US are self sufficient and aren't likewise restricted.

catzmeow
12-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Why is it that some women, especially (but not limited to) from poorer countries, can't say no when a man comes on to them and will sleep with anyone? Is it because they have been taught that they have no choice in the matter? Or is it only a matter of general horniness and will sleep with anything that moves?

I would say that the reasons for people's sexual decisions are so personal that attempting to extrapolate a single situation across other women and generalize conclusions would be stupid.

Seriously
12-16-2010, 01:02 PM
What motivates some women to care enough about how many men other women sleep with and why that they will post about it on an internet discussion board?

Autumnleaf
12-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Some better off women sleep with many men too. I think it might be related to codependency.

LifeWellWasted
12-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Gender-roles in poorer countries are more hyperstratafied, as opposed to the more androgynous one you find in the U.S. (for example). Its nothing more than socialization at work. Your peers reinforce sexually subservient behavior because they, like you, are a woman and thus of a lower status. And because of this you will know of no alternative and will continue to act this way.

You are shocked by this, Castalia, because you are looking at their cultures through your own cultural lens, not theirs.

mindstate
12-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Whether I think so or not on a discussion forum is irrelevant if I can't produce any evidence to support that assertion.

And I'd like to see the data that substantiates the "poorer countries" claim as well.

Do you ask your family and friends for evidence that they love you when they say "I love you"?

Nothing wrong with having a discussion.

Zsych
12-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Could be any number of reasons:
1. Enjoying sex and different experiences a lot
2. Wanting closeness
3. Wanting something from those guys
4. Inability to say No (I don't think this has ever been a common problem)
5. Wanting to control the men in their lives
6. Wanting children

SelfMadeBum
12-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Do you ask your family and friends for evidence that they love you when they say "I love you"?1. If we're having a discussion about it, I'll expect them to back up their words with actions (evidence), yes.

2. A person's internal emotion does not equal a generalising statement about other people.

Nothing wrong with having a discussion.If I thought there were, I wouldn't be here.

To have the discussion without challenging the assumption/assertion made would be useless, if the assertion is misguided or simply wrong.

invicta
12-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Why the special interest in the sex lives of those in poorer countries?

gestalt
12-16-2010, 03:16 PM
First off, the OP said some women. SOME as in two or more. Even if there were let us say, oh, only TEN individual women in an entire country that slept with anyone and everyone we could still speculate about their motivation (because that's "some").

I think it is hilarious when someone has a genuine question and he or she gets all jumped on because it messes up someone elses mental model of the world and it must immediately be supported by massive sociological and factual data (lmao get real).

Perhaps fear, lack of complete STD understanding, insurance with child support, gold digging, perhaps sex is one of the little pleasures they do have, perhaps sex is not as stigmatized and they just get it on like bonobos in the middle of some huge fight... perhaps education and failing to realize that having sex results in children for years and years. Note that many people do not consider children a burden, as they are not as expensive as they are in the Western world.

Silverity
12-16-2010, 03:19 PM
For the poorer countries aspect.. rates of domestic abuse and abuse in general for women are a lot higher than we have here, there are also wider gaps in gender inequality. What you call sleeping around, I would be more inclined to call rape, given that if you say 'no' you might be beaten for your efforts. I could probably find stats if we need them, at the moment I'm simply recalling this from my global health classes. There is always a huge focus on empowerment of women because so many of them don't feel safe or able to negotiate with males. As one of the previous posters mentioned income dependency is typically a factor, also social stigma, um, like in the "learn your place" type way for non-married women and failure to be a proper wife for the ones who are married. And yes, this is a generalization, but it's a trend that we see in public health. I'm know there are a ton of happy and healthy people out there too.

Of course, sex can also be a means of making money, too.

But in general.. what is wrong with women liking sex and going out and getting it? if physical pleasure is your goal there's no need to spend time cultivating emotional attachment and compatibility.

Muse
12-16-2010, 03:42 PM
There are countries where some woman sleep with -anyone-?

Surely there is some sort of limit, such as: a sibling, a child, a child sibling? a homeless man?.. the guy that takes your garbage? The guy that raped and killed your neighbor? in front of you?

True Rune
12-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Some better off women sleep with many men too. I think it might be related to codependency.

Yeah, that and daddy issues. Perhaps a better topic would be targets of the PUA communities?

The Maelstrom
12-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Evidence for what? You don't agree that some women will sleep with anyone?

It's a simple logical principle... if your founding assumptions are aren't valid, your conclusion can't be.

Right. In this case its called arguing from ignorance; a logical fallacy.

ZincLysine
12-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Some girls just prefer having loads of sex. The reasons are various. I don't care too much why they do it. I just like to know who they are so I can avoid them. Women catch STDs 3x more easily than men.

JustMel
12-17-2010, 06:51 AM
Some women *gasp* enjoy sex and have managed to have multiple partners, safe sex and catch no diseases. Some women separate sex from emotion and enjoy the actual act of sex and the release it brings if done properly.

Women in poorer countries are often looking for a way out of their current predicament. These are often still countries where arranged marriages happen as well however, gross generalizations aren't healthy nor are they generally relevant.

iamhuman
12-17-2010, 07:26 AM

I suspect it depends on the woman and the situation.

There are women who are highly motivated by sexual variety and there are those who have sex in order to feel loved or connected. There are those who may be going through some emotional turmoil and are using sexually encounters as a way to deal with this and there are those who are looking for thrills. I'm sure we could comprise a very long list of reasons for this behavior.

rohit
12-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Emotional insecurity.....when they feel that way then they just want SEX. .

Some have it just to make themselves believe that they are beautiful.