PDA

View Full Version : Are you ticklish?

green eyes
11-05-2010, 11:00 AM
And if you are, do you like it?

Just curious.

As for me, I was really ticklish as a kid, but I’ve gotten less and less ticklish as time has gone on. I've heard that's a common problem (And by the way, what’s up with that? What changes it? I miss being that ticklish).

...But I do have still have a “spot”...uh...in the “front upper torso area..ish".... :blush:

Where is your “ticklish spot”? Does the best method involve a strong, quick hand, or do feathers tickle your fancy when it comes to getting giggly? Come on, you can tell me! I won’t do anything with that information!

(Or will I? hee hee hee)

SelfMadeBum
11-05-2010, 11:04 AM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

themuzicman
11-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Yes. No. Multiple.

TenochAcampicht
11-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Yes I am, in multiple spots, although not really as much now I am older.
Do not like being tickled...well sometimes I do, it depends.
But do love tickling others...can be very erotic.
Plus it's closely tied in with my foot fetish the tickling community, interesting crowd.

Booko
11-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Horribly.

And if anyone tries to tickle me, I hope they have good health insurance.

Seriously
11-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Yes i am. Mainly on my sides and the bottom of my feet. If the right person is doing the tickling it can be fun.

Marcus Septim
11-05-2010, 05:29 PM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Tickles SMB*

Zombicide
11-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Use to be, maybe I should have let people tickle me more when I had the chance. I have no particularly ticklish spots anymore. I too am wondering what's changed.

Onigumo13
11-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Yes and No , that sort of thing only depends from my mood of the day ;)

Ilara
11-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Very ticklish in many places and I fucking hate it.

... Unless it the tickling is done by my SO.

Otherwise, anybody who tickles me should be prepared to die a very painful death.

bluesunchild
11-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Horribly.

.. and i hate it. once you touch me on the sides and i curl up instantly.
i may be laughing while you tickle me but in my head i've already killed you a dozen times.

ShuTheDoor
11-05-2010, 09:21 PM
If you touch me, I'll hurt you.

Back of the knees, feet & side.

INTJoe
11-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Extremely ticklish. If I'm tickled I will become a madman who will pummel you. I had a couple friends "try" to hold me down and tickle me years ago and I made it known that that was a bad idea.

Eye on Earth
11-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Oh yeah, I have a spot all right. But I'm not telling where.

Lucinda
11-05-2010, 11:38 PM
I know for a fact I used to be when I was little, and I hated it then. Recently, I cannot even remember the last time I was tickled so I cannot say whether or not I am still ticklish. I know I still hate it, though.

TenochAcampicht
11-06-2010, 07:19 AM
I wonder how many will claim they are not ticklish, yet are secretly excruciatingly so lol

Muse
11-06-2010, 08:29 AM
yes i am ticklish, but only when i want to be. if i like u im ticklish. if u say something dumb im not ticklish anymore.

Artio
11-06-2010, 08:32 AM
.. and i hate it. once you touch me on the sides and i curl up instantly.
i may be laughing while you tickle me but in my head i've already killed you a dozen times.

Same here. I'll use exaggerated amount of violence to protect myself if tickled.

Erotic? To me it definitely isn't.
Playful? If you consider being badly injured playful, then go ahead.

green eyes
11-06-2010, 11:12 AM
This thread is making it so hard not to tickle somebody!!! *glares around at the INTJs with their fists up and ready* :p

Use to be, maybe I should have let people tickle me more when I had the chance. I have no particularly ticklish spots anymore. I too am wondering what's changed.

Actually, I've been wondering if people become less ticklish as they become more exposed/desensitized to touch. So...given that INTJs aren't usually very "touchy-feely"...they might be more prone to still being ticklish as adults. ;D

yes i am ticklish, but only when i want to be. if i like u im ticklish. if u say something dumb im not ticklish anymore.
Interesting. Sometimes I can make myself ticklish if I really want it, but it's not as intense as it might've been otherwise.

But do love tickling others...can be very erotic.
I find it erotic, too. :devilish:
Plus it's closely tied in with my foot fetish the tickling community, interesting crowd.
hahaha And whoa, tickling feet must be really intense for you!

Nerd tidbits pulled from the Almighty Wiki:

Knismesis refers to the light, feather-like type of tickling.

Gargalesis refers to harder, laughter-inducing tickling, and involves the repeated application of high pressure to sensitive areas.

While it is possible to trigger a knismesis response in oneself, it is usually impossible to produce gargalesthesia, the gargalesis tickle response, in oneself.
And my favorite:
It is possible to tickle the area just under the snout of a great white shark, putting it into a near-hypnotic trance.
...So basically, even the most feared and fearless of creatures can be easily brought down by the right tickle. :smug:

Hjordis
11-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Very ticklish in many places and I fucking hate it.
This. So much this. Almost everywhere actually. Some places are more consistently ticklish, but the strangest places have been ticklish, if only on occasion.

I also tend to react with unnecessary violence. I'll get into poke fights, which may end up with me being tickled, but if you tickle me unexpectedly I'll probably elbow you in the ribs with full force or something.

fokalina
11-06-2010, 11:02 PM
When I want to be.

Except for one place...

Raymond
11-07-2010, 01:32 AM
And if you are, do you like it?

Just curious.

As for me, I was really ticklish as a kid, but I’ve gotten less and less ticklish as time has gone on. I've heard that's a common problem (And by the way, what’s up with that? What changes it? I miss being that ticklish).

...But I do have still have a “spot”...uh...in the “front upper torso area..ish".... :blush:

Where is your “ticklish spot”? Does the best method involve a strong, quick hand, or do feathers tickle your fancy when it comes to getting giggly? Come on, you can tell me! I won’t do anything with that information!

(Or will I? hee hee hee)

Hi there green eyes!

Since you asked... my story is much like yours, ex-tremely ticklish as a kid, especially susceptible on my sides and to having my upper thighs just above the knee squeezed... know what I mean?

Also on the bottom of my feet when tickled with a very light touch. Around age 10 or so I met a friend who loved to have his feet tickled and it blew me away. I wanted to be like that too, so I asked people to tickle my feet, and soon I had desensitized myself. To this day, if tickled on my feet, I sometimes have a moment of *oooh* but I can suppress it, and it passes quickly!

rara avis
11-07-2010, 02:13 AM
Actually, I've been wondering if people become less ticklish as they become more exposed/desensitized to touch. So...given that INTJs aren't usually very "touchy-feely"...they might be more prone to still being ticklish as adults.

This is probably true of me. I'm unaccustomed to being touched. Just having someone in close proximity to me can make my skin prickle.

I am very ticklish on my neck, sides, and the soles of my feet. Pedicures can be difficult, but at least most pedicurists have the sense to back off apologetically as soon as they realize they've hit a sensitive spot. The same cannot be said of people who are tickling you intentionally because they think it's cute.

It's not cute. I can be really vulnerable to ticklishness, and people who do it are basically trying to force me to be how I don't want to be, or how I'm not, at that moment. They are overriding my own control of my behavior. That's incredibly rude, even in situations which don't really call for politeness.

To me, it's violating. I will tell you to stop, I will tell you I don't want you to. The fact that I can't stop laughing hysterically when you're doing it only makes that violation worse, because it undercuts my authority to communicate that I want you to stop, that I meant it when I said Don't.

Bad enough if you intentionally tried it in the first place; if you continue, I'll seriously question whether I want to be around you at all. Occasional tickles happen incidentally and briefly, and that can be funny, but intentional tickle-attacks are not cool or cute or sexy.

I feel like a dork being all Serious Business about something that everyone seems to consider playful, easygoing fun.

INTJoe
11-07-2010, 03:05 PM
I could see how it could feel violating for a woman. As a guy, I just get pissed (while laughing) and charge the offender and subdue them (or if they are stronger than me, at least make it not worth it for them to keep going). As a woman, it might neither be possible to do this, or socially acceptable. You're expected to stand there and "be cute". lol. Would definitely suck.

rara avis
11-07-2010, 03:13 PM
My mother kicked me in the face once when I was a kid and I tickled her foot. Talk about socially unacceptable. :p
She did warn me...

---------- Post added 11-07-2010 at 12:19 PM ----------

I could see how it could feel violating for a woman. As a guy, I just get pissed (while laughing) and charge the offender and subdue them (or if they are stronger than me, at least make it not worth it for them to keep going). As a woman, it might neither be possible to do this, or socially acceptable. You're expected to stand there and "be cute". lol. Would definitely suck.
It's certainly more frustrating to be unable, for whatever reason, to physically throw someone off of you. But I'd guess it's the same sense of trespass which causes you to get pissed and react however you do. We can say encroachment, or infringement, or intrusion, if "violation" seems too feely-girly to you.

ObeyGravity
11-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Of course not. *ahem* *cough* No need to test that theory.

JTG1984
11-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Very ticklish, I have a hard time getting massages because of it.

green eyes
11-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Hi there green eyes!
Hi there Raymond!
my upper thighs just above the knee squeezed... know what I mean?
Yes, my dad always knew the right way to squeeze me there. Others, not so much.
I asked people to tickle my feet, and soon I had desensitized myself.
This is probably true of me. I'm unaccustomed to being touched.
I see. So given my "ticklish spot", my boobs haven't been touched enough. Got it.
I could see how it could feel violating for a woman. As a guy, I just get pissed (while laughing) and charge the offender and subdue them (or if they are stronger than me, at least make it not worth it for them to keep going). As a woman, it might neither be possible to do this, or socially acceptable.
It's certainly more frustrating to be unable, for whatever reason, to physically throw someone off of you. But I'd guess it's the same sense of trespass which causes you to get pissed and react however you do. We can say encroachment, or infringement, or intrusion, if "violation" seems too feely-girly to you.

This is why I think I like it so much- because for once, I can sort-of almost overpower a guy (if he doesn't mind/likes it and isn't going to slug me, of course). I try to wrestle and play fight with men, but I usually only end up looking like a retarded spaz and getting pinned down. You'd think them laughing at me would give me some sort of advantage, but no.

Of course not. *ahem* *cough* No need to test that theory.

Not being honest in this thread should be cause for a punishment of tickles. Anyone else agree? :p

Raymond
11-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Not being honest in this thread should be cause for a punishment of tickles. Anyone else agree? :p

NOOO! No punishment allowed in the tickle thread!! :)

However, it does seem to me that denial of being ticklish is a direct invitation for any and all within finger distance to test the claim!

Bobsama
11-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Last time I was being tickled, I came all too close to breaking their wrist. I've proven to her many times that I am decent at upper-limb joint manipulation.

Cincinnatus
11-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Sometimes... on the bottom of my feet. A romantic interest would be OK in doing it to be playful, but I don't think I would want anyone else to do so. With that said, I doubt anyone who wasn't seeing me at the time would want to anyway. So, I guess it works out.

ObeyGravity
11-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Well, i'll help you out, i'm NOT ticklish on the bottom of my feet, my neck, or my sides, so you wont need to test there.;)

TenochAcampicht
11-08-2010, 04:01 AM
It is absolutely fun for me to tickle a woman's feet indeed lol.
Most people assume though I am refering to outright torture, it's rather more slow gentle strokes which (if done right) turns out to be very very erotic.
In that sense I guess it's similar to spanking, a hard caning is not pleasurable to most, but some people can get off on a light spanking easily. Same thing with bondage, few people like "right arm over left toe and mouth bondage", but alot of people don't mind wrists, ankles or so on.

Raymond
11-08-2010, 06:12 PM
See what you've started, green eyes?! ;D

runoverazebra
11-08-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm very ticklish. And I hate being tickled.

Kricket
11-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Very ticklish. Ticklish regions change daily, but my stomach, sides and shins are pretty consistent. Dislike being tickled intensely... I'm easily overpowered and I hate that feeling of being pinned down and having to withstand the tickling sensation for X period of time until the tickler gives up.

Raymond
11-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Ticklish shins? Yup that is pretty sensitive alright.

Kricket
11-09-2010, 07:33 PM
The part where the skin is closest to the bone. I used to almost die from ticklish sensations when I had a cat who would enjoy sitting just there.