PDA

View Full Version : The decline of western civilization

Rick
04-13-2008, 08:38 PM
I'd found a good write-up on this subject at another site, lost it, then found it just now. Although it mentions Australia at the top, the articles aren't specifically about Australia

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

and, here were links on the site that I found interesting:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A word of caution...Seems like I remember a link or two that seemed to have a racial slant. Others seemed to be very objective and well thought out, particularly the articles on senility and morality of civilizations. I am not racist in the least.

MrEPenguin
04-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Some of that is very interesting. I'm going to keep reading through the website.

blueback
04-22-2008, 01:24 AM
Interesting. He's a little short on explanation and long on rhetoric, but some of his ideas seem to be worth analysis.

Rick
04-22-2008, 09:52 PM
The lack of responses here really surprises me.

I also posted this article on the Mensa forums, and it has become a hot topic.

I suppose I'm disappointed because this is the first time I'm seen the Mensa crowd jump on a topic that the INTJ's have ignored - more or less.

As an INTJ, I can see how this subject affects us all, so I expected views.

MrEPenguin
04-22-2008, 10:42 PM
What might be happening is that many of our fellow INTJs are cynical and don't care about civilization.:stunned:

ShaiGar
04-22-2008, 10:57 PM
the collapse of civilisation gives many intelligent people the chance to carve out their own little empires in the world.

perhaps the intjs are something more than cynical... what was the other name for INTJ again? and i didn't mean scientist

Serpent7
04-22-2008, 11:03 PM
"[civilizations] are like any other machine. They are either a benefit or a hazard. If they are a benefit, then it's not my problem."

antisocial one
04-23-2008, 07:46 AM
the collapse of civilisation gives many intelligent people the chance to carve out their own little empires in the world.

perhaps the intjs are something more than cynical... what was the other name for INTJ again? and i didn't mean scientist

Lol :)

blueback
04-23-2008, 09:47 AM
I think that something as big as "the decline of western civilization" isn't worth discussing. Maybe a more limited topic like the decline of New Mexico's civilization or how the undeveloped world is overpopulating the planet. Limit it in scope or dimensions. No one can possibly understand an idea as big as all of western civilization, so no one can possibly draw a useful conclusion from talking about it. I think that's why the INTJs aren't interested in it, at least that's the case for me.