PDA

View Full Version : INTJs in fiction.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

defyall
12-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Ok, INTJ list in SF and fantasy:

1. Emperor Gregor Vorbarra in Bujold's Vorkosigan series (Miles is an ENTJ)
2. Raistlin Majere in Dragonlance
3. Gerald Tarrant in Coldfire
4. Nikolaus in Warchild
5. Havelock Vetinari from Discworld
6. Lucifer from the Mike Carey/Sandman Universe Comics
7. Darth Vader
8. Rand al'Thor from Wheel of Time
9. Steerpike from Gormenghast
10. The new Spock

Obviously, it's very hard to find full/properly developed MBTI types in fiction - not every author has the fortitude (or need, depending on the story) to build characters in the deeply complex way necessary to portray an INTJ well enough that the character would resonate with INTJ readers...but we Looooveee archetypes, which is why Raistlin (complex, but somewhat two-dimensional as a character) comes across as such a strong INTJ type.

What is it about INTJ men that makes them so desirable and delicious? Oh right. Power. Ambition. Intelligence. Not to mention the potential for world-burning passion, all the more alluring because of the INTJ's natural reserve...yeah. Yum.

HereticForLife
12-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm positive that Sydney Carton from A Tale of Two Cities is an INTJ.

That's what I thought when I finished the book. As far as I can tell, the rest of the major characters would be:

Lucie Manette - INFP
Dr. Manette - INTJ
Jarvis Lorry - ISTJ
Madame Defarge - INTJ
Monsieur Defarge - ISFJ
Ms. Pross - ESFP
Jerry Cruncher - ExxP
Charles Evremonde - ESTP

Kisai
12-31-2009, 12:58 AM
Darth Vader and new "Sylar" Spock are both ISTJs. Emperor Palpatine is an INTJ.

Mike Carey's Lucifer I really wish wasn't INTJ but is. He's like Hannibal Lecter in the second film. He's so much more interesting limited in power and resisting against a force. Outside and free they just seem like snobs who make things look too easy.

defyall
12-31-2009, 05:10 PM
mmm...I'd have to disagree on the Vader and "Sylar" Spock being S-types...but I can't offer specific proof at the moment, as I don't have access to movies. I'll try to go through various scenes that struck me as very N for both of them and post a list sometime in the new year...

dead
01-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Hans Landa from Inglourious Basterds

clipse
01-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Hans Landa from Inglourious Basterds

I'd say he's an ESTP or ENTP.

dead
01-07-2010, 11:22 PM
I'd say he's an ESTP or ENTP.
I thought about I vs. E and it seems that he could be a very well-adjusted Introvert. You can tell that his primary motivation is self-fulfillment, there's something about him that makes me think his mind is mostly introspective and he's just figured out how to apply his intuition to life outside. But ENTP would be my guess if he's an extrovert.

Definitely an iNtuitive. He reads people like a book. That's what I loved about him.

Pseudonimum
01-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Yagami Light has got to be INTJ. C'mon, since when being a T type means to have no moral concerning or will to make the world a better place? This like saying that being a thinker type is the same of being selfish. This is appealing to stereotypes. No matter if you're F, T, S, N, P, J, or whatever... anyone can fight for justice. Plus, his way of dealing with people is totally T. But also in an archetypical and stupid way.

Michael Corleone was an INTJ, too, I think.

Also, someone said about Hans Landa. He's just got to be ENTJ. He is completely Te.

Carpe Diem
01-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Why does everyone assume that Gandalf is an INTJ? He puts the fate of Middle Earth in the hands of some 4'10" hobbit and his fat, albeit loyal, friend to track countless miles through unforgiving and ridiculously dangers situations straight into the enemy's most protected lands (how did he expect Frodo to get through the gate anyways?), yet still believes they have a chance.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's what common sense would dictate.

Pseudonimum
01-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Carpe Diem, stupidity or not, I still can't see how does this relates to Gandalf's personality.

Carpe Diem
01-08-2010, 12:11 AM
Carpe Diem, stupidity or not, I still can't see how does this relates to Gandalf's personality.

What sort of strategist would have placed such a critical key to victory in the hands of an individual with such little skill in combat, craftsmanship, bushcraft, navigation, or intuitiveness to accomplish a task practically impossible.

Pseudonimum
01-08-2010, 12:15 AM
What sort of strategist would have placed such a critical key to victory in the hands of an individual with such little skill in combat, craftsmanship, bushcraft, navigation, or intuitiveness to accomplish a task practically impossible.

I don't know what sort of strategist would do this. Maybe a bad one. Maybe on who had far higher objectives than simple winning. But that doesn't matter at all. Since when being an INTJ implies to be a genious of strategy, the mastermind of the masterminds?

Carpe Diem
01-08-2010, 12:17 AM
I don't know what sort of strategist would do this. Maybe a bad one. Maybe on who had far higher objectives than simple winning. But that doesn't matter at all. Since when being an INTJ implies to be a genious of strategy, the mastermind of the masterminds?

Give me a reason to call him an INTJ.

Kisai
01-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Easy. When offered the One Ring, he was like "Are you crazy?! I'd have Middle Earth conquered in double time!"

Pseudonimum
01-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Give me a reason to call him an INTJ.

Read the thread. There are reasons enough for it.

Blum
01-08-2010, 01:24 AM

Was he right?

Carpe Diem
01-08-2010, 01:39 AM
Was he right?

Sure, he was right in the end. But he might as well have just tied the ring to a balloon and hoped it landed in the fire.

Protip: Just cause a character is cool, doesn't make the character an INTJ. Nor does a retarded plan working.

Fuego
01-08-2010, 02:29 AM
I'm utterly amazed that no one's mentioned Walter White from Breaking Bad.

Spot on!

Has anybody seen Finding Forrester? If so what do you think of Sean Connery and Rob Brown's characters?

Thrifty
01-10-2010, 06:30 PM
In my humble opinion...

Gandalf: xNTx (probably INTP though)
Hans Landa: ExTP (prob ESTP)
Walter White: ESTJ

fettuccine
01-11-2010, 10:21 AM
What about Andy Dufresne from the Shawshank Redemption?

Corleone
01-11-2010, 10:38 PM
What about Andy Dufresne from the Shawshank Redemption?

Definite INTJ.

TheGoodLocust
01-12-2010, 12:38 AM

Well, I can give you a few reasons:

1) Hobbits seemed to be resistant to the corrupting influence of the ring.

2) They are athletic and hardy.

3) They are small, stealthy and look unimportant - which makes them ideal for sneaking past the giant armies of Dark Lords.

Aren't these things rather obvious?

Solaris
01-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Well, I can give you a few reasons:

1) Hobbits seemed to be resistant to the corrupting influence of the ring.

2) They are athletic and hardy.

3) They are small, stealthy and look unimportant - which makes them ideal for sneaking past the giant armies of Dark Lords.

Aren't these things rather obvious?

Only obvious as traits of hobbits. I've never seen INTJs described as generally athletic (though there are athletic INTJs). INTJs are purported to want to rule the world...not save it. INTJs around here probably would be unappreciate of being called small and stealthy. Try again.

If anything, hobbits display something more akin to NF and SP traits given their desire (as a ...species?) to live in harmony with the earth, and to drink and eat a lot. I still won't pin down any one of them as any one type, because I just don't think it's possible -- but I don't think they're a bunch of little INTJs running around either.

TheGoodLocust
01-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Only obvious as traits of hobbits. I've never seen INTJs described as generally athletic (though there are athletic INTJs). INTJs are purported to want to rule the world...not save it. INTJs around here probably would be unappreciate of being called small and stealthy. Try again.

If anything, hobbits display something more akin to NF and SP traits given their desire (as a ...species?) to live in harmony with the earth, and to drink and eat a lot. I still won't pin down any one of them as any one type, because I just don't think it's possible -- but I don't think they're a bunch of little INTJs running around either.

Did I miss something? I wasn't arguing that hobbits were INTJs - I was just explaining why a person with a strategic mind might pick them for the task they were given.

Kisai
01-14-2010, 04:04 PM
INTJs are purported to want to rule the world...not save it.

To be fair, we don't live in a world where good and evil are so incredibly polarized as in LOTR. If the forces of evil were about to checkmate the world, the nicer INTJs would be working their asses off to stop it (and the not so nice buying condos in Mordor).

TheGoodLocust
01-14-2010, 05:36 PM
If the forces of evil were about to checkmate the world

Who says we haven't?

At this point you should be betting on which flavor of evil is going win.

Pyroninja42
01-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Garrus from Mass Effect seems like an INTJ. Or something. Mostly because he's rather honest and he absolutely hates it when rules get in the way of getting something done.

defyall
01-15-2010, 12:48 PM
On the Gandalf issue...um...the whole walking into Saruman's trap, having the ring in front of his nose...difficult to characterize him as an INTJ. Not that we can't fall into traps etc., but there are some...cannot articulate Ni working overtime...differences in the whole affair.

solitaryplace
01-15-2010, 09:14 PM
This is so cool. I have always loved Sherlock Holmes (book, not the movie) and thought that Hannibal was just about the most amazing guy ever, except for a couple quirks :) As for Malcom, he doesn't seem to be an INTJ to me. But that may just be me.

Solaris
01-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Did I miss something? I wasn't arguing that hobbits were INTJs - I was just explaining why a person with a strategic mind might pick them for the task they were given.

As the thread title is about INTJs in fiction, I thought you were referring to the topic. Makes a bit more sense though. You'll have to excuse me, I get a little nuts about all the confirmation bias that all characters INTJs like must also be INTJs, because they are ssooo alike. :bomb: I'm sure there are INTJs in fiction, but as I think personalities are plot devices, and therefore inconsistent with MBTI usually, it's nearly impossible to pin it down. We have a hard enough time typing ourselves, but it amuses some to try, so here we are (as evidenced by the fact that I think this is probably the most viewed thread in this entire subforum, or at least in the top 5 I'd guess).

ya lyublyu tebya
01-17-2010, 12:02 AM
...Personally, I'd love to see an INTJ as a voice-of-reason sidekick type, maybe with a few tinges of being the comic relief.

ShattertheVenus
01-17-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but I think Tom Riddle is for an INTJ. Or at least his younger self.

Ariel
01-18-2010, 01:09 AM
I thought that Hannibal was very interesting. Anthony Hopkins was perfect for the part.
Tom Riddle. Definitely an I, Probably an N, Undoubtably a T, and Most likely a J.
I can see it.

Geminii
01-20-2010, 09:38 AM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Firebrand
01-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Elric from the book series "Elric of Melnibone" strikes me as an INTJ.

---------- Post added 01-22-2010 at 09:19 PM ----------

Who says we haven't?

At this point you should be betting on which flavor of evil is going win.

Pyroninja42
01-23-2010, 02:18 AM
John Casey from Chuck looks like an INTJ. He's rather emotionally... stunted, he's hard to get close to, and he cares more about getting the job done than anything.

MegaDoomer
02-06-2010, 06:04 AM
John Casey from Chuck looks like an INTJ.

He appears to be more of an ISTJ to me, but I haven't seen Chuck very often...

I don't know if it was mentioned before, but has anyone seen the film "Equilibrium" by Kurt Wimmer? I guess John Preston acts definitely like an INTJ the whole time he injects his Prozium doses. After he could not inject the medication I think he turns to INFJ. Partridge, who has cancelled the drug long before Preston is rather INFP in my opinion. Brandt could be ESTJ.

aemanon
02-11-2010, 03:04 PM
---------- Post added 02-11-2010 at 12:20 PM ----------

mr burns from the simpsons

Narphoenix
03-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Feel free to debate/add to my list (note, these are ones that are not currently recorded to my knowledge).

Dr. Gregory House (House M.D.) {HUGE TIME}
Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes series)
Cassie Logan (Roll of thunder, Hear My Cry & Let the Circle be Unbroken)
Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter series)
Lord Voldemort (")

This is a short list, feel free to add to it (as long the character you mention is fictional and not currently recorded as an INTJ).

Corleone
03-30-2010, 04:39 AM
Norman Jayden from Heavy Rain has to be an INTJ! For one, he's introverted; he often seems frustrated with too many people around, and prefers to investigate in the virtual world provided by his sunglasses, which can also be seen as a means of escape. Second, he's highly analytical and can find clues others miss (alright, maybe his sunglasses give him an unfair advantage) and put them together (dependant of the player's ability). Jayden doesn't give away much through his facial expressions either. He's very focused on the one task he's been assigned, whereas his colleagues are shown to be concerned with their media image. There's also his internal dialogue, which is much more clear and cohenrent than his speech (dependant on how the game is played, somewhat).

imanintj
03-30-2010, 06:14 AM
Daria Morgendorffer = INTJ?

Yes? No? Some people think she's INTP but I think she is so INTJ.

Elfrun
03-30-2010, 07:34 AM

INTP

Ti not Te

imanintj
03-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Reasons

Introverted - She doesn't like most people as she finds them boring and immature, she spends a lot of her time by herself reading. She only has and only needs a few friends. She doesn't actively participate in much. On social events, she will stick with her one friend or stay by herself, occasionally commenting on the world around her, often to herself.

Intuitive - She is an excellent creative writer. She is always looking for ways the world could be improved. She questions authority and what she is told in the media, imagining that the world could be better with out them. She stands up for these beliefs.

Thinking - She is very intelligent and perceptive (that doesn't make her perceiving) and can see through lies and false ideas. She has a vast knowledge. She does not openly display much emotion and can be callous and brutally honest.

Judging - Despite not being a large participator, she is very confident in everything she does and practically nobody can make her change her mind (though she's normally right anyway). She treats figures of authority the same way she treats her peers and kids younger than her, valuing proven ability over status.

So yeah. That's some of the stuff that makes her an INTJ.

Zhen
03-30-2010, 10:17 AM

not too fussed I've always thought she was very cool though and that she's quite like me ;) so probably an intj i guess.

Acrogamnon
04-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Yagami Light has got to be INTJ.

Light is very confident and sure of his actions, but he keeps miscalculating priorities and overall strategy - like when he kills the detective who is following him, when it would be in his interest to leave Ray Penber alone and let him report that he found nothing suspicious. This is the way inferior Ne and dominant Si tend to manifest in ISTJ and ISFJs. I can't decide which one of these he is though, he is methodical like a ISTJ, but also is on a moral crusade common to ISFJs.

Also both Waterhouses in Cryptonomicon seem to be INTJs.

Sinequanon
04-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Light is very confident and sure of his actions, but he keeps miscalculating priorities and overall strategy - like when he kills the detective who is following him, when it would be in his interest to leave Ray Penber alone and let him report that he found nothing suspicious. This is the way inferior Ne and dominant Si tend to manifest in ISTJ and ISFJs. I can't decide which one of these he is though, he is methodical like a ISTJ, but also is on a moral crusade common to ISFJs.

Also both Waterhouses in Cryptonomicon seem to be INTJs.
You make it sound like if he hadn't miscalculated then he'd be an INTJ, or that a "true" INTJ wouldn't have made mistakes. You do realize there wouldn't have been a story if it had just been the tale of a guy who kills lots of people by writing in a book, right?

contramundum
04-01-2010, 07:15 PM
John Casey is no INTJ.

JTG
04-01-2010, 07:30 PM
contramundum just reminded me of a movie. Has anybody seen Law Abiding Citizen?

Gerard Butler's character is totally a Mastermind.

Miryr
04-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Andrew Ryan from Bioshock and Captain Nemo from 20,000 Leagues under the Sea seem INTJ to me.

---------- Post added 04-01-2010 at 05:14 PM ----------

Why does everyone assume that Gandalf is an INTJ? He puts the fate of Middle Earth in the hands of some 4'10" hobbit and his fat, albeit loyal, friend to track countless miles through unforgiving and ridiculously dangers situations straight into the enemy's most protected lands (how did he expect Frodo to get through the gate anyways?), yet still believes they have a chance.

That's what common sense would dictate.

He did study Hobbits for most of his lifetime so he knows about the various hidden attributes a Hobbit has like supreme stealth capabilities. Besides, Frodo and Sam got separated not because he wanted, his original plan was to basically take their hand all the way.

---------- Post added 04-01-2010 at 05:33 PM ----------

Captain Nemo from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?

FINALLY! Someone who agrees with me.

---------- Post added 04-01-2010 at 05:50 PM ----------

there is a difference between psychopath and Thinking function which seems to be oft ignored. I think many of the villains who have been some other forumast as intj are not. they're just nuts.

"Sanity is not statistical" -my favourite line from 1984

Who's to say who is sane and who isn't? Just because most people agree that you are crazy does not mean you're crazy. Social norms mark what's acceptable thus anything other than the norm is a mental illness. How many times have you been called crazy for solving something in an unorthodox manner?

contramundum
04-01-2010, 11:34 PM
there is a difference between psychopath and Thinking function which seems to be oft ignored. I think many of the villains who have been some other forumast as intj are not. they're just nuts.

Psychopaths are not nuts/crazy/insane/etc. They know full well what they are doing.

Acrogamnon
04-01-2010, 11:37 PM
You make it sound like if he hadn't miscalculated then he'd be an INTJ, or that a "true" INTJ wouldn't have made mistakes. You do realize there wouldn't have been a story if it had just been the tale of a guy who kills lots of people by writing in a book, right?

It's not the fact that he makes mistakes per se - it's the nature of his mistakes. Light is methodical, good with tactics and has all the small details covered. However he can be overconfident (INTJ is more likely to lack confidence than be overconfident), and he makes mistakes on strategical "big picture" level.

LiamWolf
04-02-2010, 03:12 AM
As an ENTP, I am calling Bullshit on you Acrogamnon. INTJs are more likely to lack confidence. All my INTJ friends are extremely confident. Actually matching my own arrogance in most cases. My father is a very confident INTJ male.

From my point of view INTJs normally make more mistakes on a big picture level. Light being a J would account for his detailing. If he was INTJ he's show more Ne, and light is someone that I'd not consider a Ne user. Light predicts movements of the opponent before the opponent actually makes the move. As L was an INTP he had complete access to an infinity range of possibilities. Which means either light randomly picked the right possibility Ne came up with or he intuitively knew it.

Just because one has Ni doesn't mean you're going to be right all the time. When I got into a fight with a INTJ friend I was able to trick his Ni into reading a possibility that I wasn't going to preform thus granting me the advantage over him. While I'm ENTP and L is INTP. L has pretty strong Ne for an INTP. I'm sure those mistakes you mentioned were caused by the same trickery.

Acrogamnon
04-02-2010, 06:58 AM
As an ENTP, I am calling Bullshit on you Acrogamnon. INTJs are more likely to lack confidence. All my INTJ friends are extremely confident. Actually matching my own arrogance in most cases. My father is a very confident INTJ male.

INTJs typically have a few areas of expertise, in which they have strong confidence, backed up by experience. On the other hand they often lack confidence when in completely unfamiliar territory. Light believes that he is able to excel in anything, whether he actually has experience or not. An INTJ can believe in his ability to figure new things out - eventually; but I doubt many INTJs will believe in their ability to do any new things right from the start.

Just because one has Ni doesn't mean you're going to be right all the time. When I got into a fight with a INTJ friend I was able to trick his Ni into reading a possibility that I wasn't going to preform thus granting me the advantage over him. While I'm ENTP and L is INTP. L has pretty strong Ne for an INTP. I'm sure those mistakes you mentioned were caused by the same trickery.

INTJs are more abstract than concrete. If an INTJ found the Death Note, he would be more likely to spend some time figuring out the overall strategy and goals of using it, and then work it down to smaller details. Light quickly makes a detailed plan of his immediate actions, but his overall strategy is often lacking - in fact many of Light's mistakes cannot be attributed to any trickery, but only to the fact that he hasn't given much thought to what he was doing and why on the global level. In fact later on there are scenes (for example when Kyra's name is thrown around by people to intimidate others), that show that he hasn't actually given much thought to his overall goal - as Kyra's abilities are becoming common knowledge, the people attempting to 'game the system' can eventually drown out the cases he is actually interested in, and he doesn't have the ability to personally investigate all cases.

LiamWolf
04-02-2010, 12:14 PM
TBH I'm still a little surprised that you're arguing that he's introverted. Light is Extroverted. I know, I know. He's a bit anti-social. If I am anything it is a good example that Extroverts can be Anti-social and hate people. I've been confused for an introvert before.

Light is an ENTJ; Dominate Te likes to make those plans come to action as quickly as possible and can appear to be concrete. Light's planning were in no way concrete, as mentioned, because had to foresee future events and that in itself is abstract.

Light being ENTJ also explains his self confidence.

Thrifty
04-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Pardon dthe interruption: been wondering this for a while now... I think that Light is NiFe or NeTi; L is TiNe, Near is TeNi or NiTe, and Mello is either Ne+Fi or Se+Fi. Probably the latter. Seems too bossy and too concerned with recognition, which seems his primary motivation. Ne+Fi's are more internally independent and not as steamrolling as he is.

Rohsiph
04-05-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm utterly amazed that no one's mentioned Walter White from Breaking Bad.

In my humble opinion...

Gandalf: xNTx (probably INTP though)
Hans Landa: ExTP (prob ESTP)
Walter White: ESTJ

On Walter White: I'm not sure he's INTJ--I haven't seen much evidence suggesting absolute Ni dominance.

But then I'm very curious, Thrifty, why you'd type him as an extravert? I'm thinking in particular of the numerous scenes we've seen of Walter at some sort of party, hanging off to the sidelines and trying to avoid attention. He seems definitely introverted, though I'm not convinced there's enough to suggest much more than that. We need more of his Grey Matter backstory--how was he an innovator?

thecolouramanda
04-05-2010, 10:18 PM
I believe Voldemort and Snape (from Harry Potter) are INTJs. What about Matilda from the book by Roald Dahl? She has the stubborness and determination of an INTJ. And the brains, too!

Kisai
04-06-2010, 12:13 AM
TBH I'm still a little surprised that you're arguing that he's introverted. Light is Extroverted. I know, I know. He's a bit anti-social. If I am anything it is a good example that Extroverts can be Anti-social and hate people. I've been confused for an introvert before.

Light is an ENTJ; Dominate Te likes to make those plans come to action as quickly as possible and can appear to be concrete. Light's planning were in no way concrete, as mentioned, because had to foresee future events and that in itself is abstract.

Light being ENTJ also explains his self confidence.

Light Yagami is an introvert. He cannot relate to other human beings as anything other than tools or obstacles to overcome. I type his normal, sane personality as INFJ, but he overclocks his Te when corrupted by the Death Note, acting like an INTJ but with NF values. He's definitely Ni dominant, always 'looking' before leaping with Te.

LiamWolf
04-06-2010, 12:35 AM
Kisai, are you saying that Extroverts cannot see people as tools? *Shakes your hand* Pleasure to meet you. I'm an extrovert who hates most of the human race, and only talk to people because I need the interaction to energize, the data to come up with theories, and the walls to bounce my theories off of. There are very few people that I actually like. I see most of you as game pieces playing the game of life. (Reference: See My Philosophy thread)

Ryuk seems to follow a similar manner only caring about light and others because they're pieces to the game. Ryuk is the only ENTP in the series, and thus a good example of the fact that you're superficially typing extroversion and introversion.

ENTJ have a hard time identifying with people from my time around my grandmother and think they're always right. This is due to their dominate thinking function. Light shows that he is a planner first by always organizing the people, the places, and everything external. He only uses Ni when he is unsure of his plans or is in an unpredictable situation.

Te isn't a function that just leaps. Te is the planner for most planning types and needs to come up with a plan. Te doesn't mean "jump" it means that he is skilled at organizing the external world.

Light would have never been an NFJ. He showed up sign of Fe, instead he believes in his own morality and feelings over others and doesn't really connect to them.

Light is an ENTJ. He was a Positive ENTJ and then he was corrupted to the darker sides of being an ENTJ when getting the death note.

Kisai
04-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Ryuk is umm... not a Rational. He's more of an XSFP who is voyeuristically enjoying the entire storyline in order to relive himself of boredom. It's difficult to state if he's introverted or extraverted since he only really interacts with Light and Rem.

I have to disagree with you again on order preference. Light is always, always planning in his head and trying to get the angles right before he acts. Hence Death Note is probably one of the wordiest popular manga ever created. There's a big difference between an INTJs Ni -> Te and and ENTJs Te -> Ni. Compared with INTJs, you guys are just flying off the handle. Compared with ENTJs, we're not seizing the moment. And Light is definitely using the former 'perceiving' Ni primary, not the 'acting' Te primary.

Light's core personality, which we only really see when he loses his memories, is that of a smart, nice guy who's primary motivation is to seek justice. He was planning on becoming a cop and following in his father's footsteps as a genuine good guy before he found the Death Note. He uses the Death Note primarily to remake the world's value system in his image, to force everybody to be too scared to commit a crime. That isn't really an ENTJ goal., its an off the handle, Idealist gone bad goal. I think the business cartel who used the Death Note to wipe out competitors is a more realistic circumstance if an ENTJ attained the book.

LiamWolf
04-06-2010, 01:32 AM
"Compared with INTJs, you guys..." I'm Ne|Ti not Te|Ni, ENTP.

Yes, but planning in your head doesn't automatically make someone a Ni dominate. That is subjective logic. I could easily say that because he plans in his head he is a Ti dominate. Ni isn't a "planning" functions instead it is an abstract function that allows a user to get a grasp of the future plan. The planning for INTJs is all done with their Te.

Te doesn't necessarily have to be outside the head. You can easily organize your external world inside your head. Light, however, is seen multiple times writing things down. He also has a strong ability to organize on a dime. Light is a dominate Te user because he plans everything he does before he does it. He uses his Ni to get a sense of the future.

The example you used is still subjectively superficial. I'd rather rename the functions External Thinking Internal Intuition, and so on. Because that is all the functions really mean. EG. Extroverted Intuition gathers data from the outside to form a future prediction. Extroverted Thinking organizes and plans upon external data. It doesn't say rather this is done inside or outside the head because that doesn't matter and is probably different for most people. I've met some INTPs who write down all their thoughts and some ENTJs who keep them locked in their head.

I think that is a ENTJ goal. You're taking a stereotype of all NTs being bad guys to the extreme. You're probably one of the people that think all INTJs are villains or mad-scientists. ENTJs have a strong sense of justice. Justice isn't a feeler or thinker thing. Justice is basically a set of rules and valued fairness. Justice is the thing that everyone is judged on and has no bias unless it was in the original set of rules. An ENTJ would be the perfect person for Justice. With most cops being ST. It is not a large jump for an NT to become a cop.

ENTJs can also be charming and good guys.

Kisai
04-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Yes, but planning in your head doesn't automatically make someone a Ni dominate. That is subjective logic. I could easily say that because he plans in his head he is a Ti dominate. Ni isn't a "planning" functions instead it is an abstract function that allows a user to get a grasp of the future plan. The planning for INTJs is all done with their Te.

After consulting most mightily with Ni. We'll just tap that baby until it gives up all its secrets, and then tender goals. Its function pairing that gives rise to thought processes, not individual functions within themselves.

Usually the shpiel in Death Note is like this:

Something unexpected happens to Light that he didn't plan for.

Up to two full pages (once in a great while three) is given to Light's thoughts. They are primarily concerned with examining the possibilities behind what the unexpected may portend to, then he extrapolates a plan based on the feasibility of the situation, somtimes discarding a plan if he re-examines those possibilities.

That is, in a nutshell Ni -> Te.

Te -> Ni would be more of Light selects a plan/strategy from one thats helped him in the past, and then consults within himself if the plan is working or not, modifying it to suit his needs.

You're probably one of the people that think all INTJs are villains or mad-scientists.

Nope. Near is an INTJ.

ENTJs have a strong sense of justice.

If you say so.

Justice isn't a feeler or thinker thing.

Its an NF thing. Its not exclusive to NFs by any means.

An ENTJ would be the perfect person for Justice

Pfft. ENTJs are Fi recessive. And they are perfectly charming people. They also tend to have anger issues and road rage. They'll be merrily be leading the lynching brigade, not looking out for the rights of the downtrodden.

LiamWolf
04-06-2010, 03:28 AM
Your example of Te|Ni doesn't sound like Te|Ni at all. It sounds like Te|Si. Introverted Sensing is the function that allows you to fall back onto something you've done in the past, and is often associated with routine because it looks at past experiences and tries to connect them with new ones or shows you how a past plan might have worked. The second thing you described is (actually) more Ti then Te. Ti is the thinking function that is used inside to find inconsistencies in logic, analyze data, and provide quick fixes or modifications.

You've basically just called Light an INTP with strong Si.

Your Ni|Te theory is in reverse, and uses fictitious logic. Allow me to start where you did "Say something unexpected happens to Light". Exactly, something unexpected meaning the situation has changed. Meaning that he will now have to tap into his Ni to see what is coming. I like that you said "two full pages" like it had a meaning. Manga time is subjective unless otherwise stated by the writer. So two full pages could mean two minutes to two hours. You also fell back on the logic that Te can't happen inside your head.

The way you describe it though is nice. Ni doesn't look for possibilities based on the data instead it uses the data to get a grasp of a plan or pattern. Ne is the possibility generator. It uses data to jump to possibilities. The more data it has the more possibilities and theories it can create. Ni works differently. It looks for one pattern instead of generating multiple possibilities.

Right when you started talking about planning you moved over to Te. It used external data to create a plan or organize the outside. Te is also the ability to see logical consequences of actions. So if a plan has to many consequences Te will get rid of it and create a new one. It doesn't look at possibilities but instead consequences.

Here you called Light an ESTJ with strong Ne.

Please, allow me to quote what Justice is:
Justice concerns itself with the proper ordering of things (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) and people (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) within a society (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.).

Extroverted Thinking function is used to organize and give things justification. Being society is external it would take an external function to organize it. What you're saying is not justice but emotions toward an object. If someone did something you hated but wasn't doing something that was illegal a NF would react. A person concerned with Justice would not react unless the person did something against the orders of society. Justice is basically "an eye for an eye." It is not to be confused with revenge which is more along the lines of "a death for an eye." Justice is a set of causes and effects that have been written down as rules to issue fairness. If someone steals an object from you it is justified that you steal the object back or another object of equal or lesser value. Justice is logical not emotional.

Chareos
05-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Captain (later Admiral) John "Black Jack" Geary from "The Lost Fleet" series.

Masslessxphoton
05-03-2010, 09:41 PM

Here is a good list.

Chareos
05-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Thoughts on Robert Parker's Spenser?

AcuMan
05-23-2010, 10:28 PM
The doberman from the movie "Up" seemed like an INTJ to me. :)

AtheneNoctua
05-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Thinking about Harry Potter - which house would an INTJ be more likely to be in?

Chareos
05-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Ravenclaw

Weber
05-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Probably Ravenclaw, with Slytherin a close second.

Arachnia
05-27-2010, 04:30 AM
L is DEFINITELY INTJ (when he finally bothered to show up in person my husband fell out of his chair laughing and said "OMG - it's my WIFE!"). Light seems to ACT like an INTJ also, although he seems way too overresponsive emotionally for an INTJ to me. I called him a psychopathic INFJ (although that seems a bit contradictory). He's definitely not a typical INTJ - more like a wannabe. Near is an INTJ. I would also call Near a psychopath, despite being one of the "good guys."

Not all of their supposed super-human logic is actually sound, but watching that series is like watching a chess match.

Ryuk is almost certainly ISTP. He's a hell of a lot like my ISTP husband... very similar sense of humor and distinctly "chaotic neutral" alignment. ISTPs make the ultimate trolls because they just don't give a fuck and think drama is hilarious. Q from Star Trek is another classic ISTP.

Chronos
06-17-2010, 02:12 PM
The main character of the film A Single Man (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) seems very INTJ-ish to me.

lupinskitten
06-18-2010, 12:06 PM

Here is a good list.

OMG. I just laughed for ten minutes over that.

So wrong... but so true.

I'm too lazy to go back through 20+ pages, so here are my suspected INTJ's:

- Spock (seriously! emotionally withdrawn, but fond of a few select individuals; logical almost to a fault, and he never fails to tell it like it is -- ie, that's BULL)

- Sherlock Holmes (is very driven and logical, doesn't really take into consideration whether or not his comment may insult someone, and is emotionally detached except from one person)

- Walter Bishop on Fringe (this one I'm debating -- so feedback is welcome; he's very logical and focused, he often says inappropriate things without thinking about it, and seems remarkably detached from his surroundings... of course, he's also a bit nuts)

- Michael Corleone in The Godfather (ignore the fact that he's a villain and look at him -- intellectual, emotionally restrained, logical and focused)

delilah
06-18-2010, 12:45 PM
I think Nimueh would be an INTJ, from Arthurian Legend. She utilizes Merlin's emotions so that he will teach her all he knows about magic, and then she traps him under a tree or in a cave.

Dr. Manhattan, is another one.

Michael Corleone commits crimes of passion. Which doesn't seem to be typical INTJ.

Chareos
06-18-2010, 11:18 PM
INTJ's can be very passionate if one of their boundaries is breached. Oftentimes, INTJ's don't even realize they care about something until it becomes an issue.

thirtiesgirl
06-18-2010, 11:21 PM
The main character of the film A Single Man (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) seems very INTJ-ish to me.

I need to hurry up and see this movie. I love Colin Firth, but I love the '60s even more.

Chronos
06-19-2010, 12:38 AM
I need to hurry up and see this movie. I love Colin Firth, but I love the '60s even more.

Yes, you should definitely see it. It's a very N film. I think pretty much every notable character in it is an N-type.

fisher
06-19-2010, 09:36 PM
First people that came to my mind were Noah Bennet (Heroes), Tony Almeida (24) and Dr. Foreman (House). Not sure about Tony, though, he might also be INFJ.

MetricalNoir
06-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Okay, I know, I know. Fictional characters cannot be typed, blah blah blah. Well, maybe one can never 'truly' type them, but then again, can any real person ever be genuinely typed accurately? I'm sure anyone on this forum will agree that we should never lock ourselves in a closet and should always stay open-minded.

So, with that rant complete, I will now begin attempting to type fictional characters according to the Myers-Briggs system!

Why not start with one of my favorite books? Everyone knows that Howard Roark and Dominque Francon from The Fountainhead are supposed to be INTJs (although I'd rather classify them as INTP). Gail Wynand is an INTJ, but he's one who was lacking in self-esteem, it appears. Now, Ellsworth Toohey is a INFJ. An evil one, that is. (You INFJs out there - don't bother denying it! We all know you have a secret desire to take over the world and control everyone. ;) ) Catherine is ISFJ. As for Peter Keating, I haven't quite figured that out yet. Anyone have ideas?

I'll continue on with naming Charlie, from The Perks of Being a Wallflower. He's an INFJ if I ever saw one. (Oh, I do know my INFJs.)

Artemis Fowl - He is a mastermind. He doesn't like people. He, therefore, must be an INTJ. (And he also has a terrific sense of humor, which is quite enough proof for me.)

Meursault from The Stranger - He is an ISTJ. I have no doubt about this. He is able to reason well, work hard, yet is lacking in imagination. He makes up for this with a excellent ability for memorization. Unemotional, except when it comes to the woman he's fond of, and a general lack of caring in the world. ISTJ all over.

Alright, that's enough from this enthusiast for the moment.

---------- Post added 06-23-2010 at 05:37 PM ----------

Everyone else: agree, disagree? Do you have an inkling of what type your favorite (or not so favorite) fictional characters might be, whether from books, films, television, or video games? Discuss!

dichotomy14138
07-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Being the anime geek that I am I know that L Lawliet (Death Note), Light Yagami (Death Note), and Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass) are definitely INTJ. L is one of the only fictional INTJ characters that doesn't have an antagonistic streak in his personality. Near from Death Note might be another one, but I'm not sure. Stewie from Family Guy is also one from what I've read on mypersonality.com I suggest going to that site to find some fictional characters with certain personality types. The site also has accurate quizzes and gives insight into other personality types.... Sorry to get off subject.

Sinequanon
07-11-2010, 02:25 AM
I don't honestly understand how people can keep claiming Light and L are the same personality type. They are about as different people as two people can be.

Shagrath
07-11-2010, 08:27 AM
L is as INTP as one can get.
But, the most lovable nihilistic mad villain, Kefka, is an INTJ with, ah, some weird ENTP traits it would seem. xD
Edit: I don't know how I forgot the epic win of Jade Curtiss (Tales of the Abyss).

dichotomy14138
07-11-2010, 11:04 PM
I don't honestly understand how people can keep claiming Light and L are the same personality type. They are about as different people as two people can be.

By the INTJ I mean by their matter of thinking and some bits of personality. For example both L and Light can somewhat be perfectionists at some parts. Light's idea for a perfect world can be one of them and they both want their plans and deductions to be as flawless as possible in order to achieve their goals. They also stop at nothing to kill each other along with the fact that they both hate surprises in their plans/ unexpected contingencies that they did not plan for. In other words even though their ways of achieving "justice" are different their patterns of thinking are pretty much the same. Even other characters from the story tell Light that he's a lot like L in many aspects.

Stealthjelly
07-12-2010, 04:07 PM
For those gamers of you, I was thinking that the Ace Attorney games Miles Edgeworth seems to be INTJ to me, playing through the series I often thought I would act as he did many times...

InfiniteLoop
07-12-2010, 10:41 PM
For the comic fans... Bruce Wayne/Batman always struck me as quite INTJ, even in his non-superhero life. The way he handles his emotions and his work are particularly big tip-offs to me.

Now, wouldn't it be freaky if the Joker were the exact opposite Myers-Briggs type? ;) Perfect opposites. How intriguing.

Smokescreen
07-12-2010, 11:17 PM
I keeping with comic book characters, I think that Frank Castle (The Punisher) might possibly be one too.

thewraith
07-13-2010, 05:18 AM
William Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice are both INTJ's. That whole story is the process of two INTJ's coming together. And they have to work at it too! Mr. Bennet (Elizabeths father) is also very INTJ. It makes sense for so many main characters to be INTJ's since Jane Austin was supposed to have been one herself.

Konstantin Dmitrievitch Levin from Anna Karenina is a classic INTJ - he's like me in print form. The author surrounds him with E types and knocks the E types down one-by-one until only the INTJ is standing. He does the same thing in War and Peace, he's just a lot more subtle about it. It leaves me to believe that Tolstoy must have been an INTJ himself.

If you read Vanity Fair, the character William Dobbin displays a lot of INTJ type traits. He's definitely got the I down, and I think he's got the T and the J. It's been a while since I read that book, and I didn't know anything about MBTI typing then so maybe I'm projecting a bit, but I think the author of that book (William Thackery) must have been INTJ himself.

This also explains why I loved those books so much, they were written by one of us! :)

Also, someone mentioned Satan - he strikes me as a very INTJ type of personality. It probably explains why I've always gravitated toward that character. He's supposed to be the ultimate symbol of evil, but, if you think about it, all he did was refuse to bow down to man. As "punishment" he was given his own realm and his own servants and he gets to decide how to run his own show. If he's not an INTJ, we should give him an honorary membership.

Weber
07-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Satan is ENTP.

AnotherBrick
07-14-2010, 02:57 AM
while we're projecting ourselves onto fictional characters:
BATMAN, BRUCE WAYNE BABY

I just got into the biggest Batman fun fest, holy hell. I found almost all 700+ Batman comics and have probably taken a really steep dive into what makes Batman....Batman. I'm so glad you posted this. I feel a nice connection with his storyline and mental abilities.

Shagrath
07-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Death Note

Yagami Light:

With Death Note - INTJ
Without Death Note - ISTJ
L - INTP
Amane Misa - ESFP
Near - INTJ
Mello - ENFP
Ryuuk - ENTP
Rem - INFJ
Yagami Soichiro - ESTJ
Matsuda Touta - ESFP
Aizawa Shuichi - ESTJ
Mogi Kanzo - ISTJ
Ide Hideki - ISTJ
Watari - ISTJ (?)
Takada Kiyomi - ENFJ
Higuchi Kyosuke - ESFP
Mikami Teru - ENFJ

Elfen Lied

Lucy/Nyuu - INFP
Kouta - ESFP
Yuka - ESFJ
Mayu - ENFJ
Nana/No. 7 - ENFP
Kurama - INTJ
Bando - ESTP (?)
Director Kakuzawa - ENTJ
Professor Kakuzawa - ExTP (I'd wager on S.)
Arakawa - ISTP (?)

Samurai Champloo

Jin - ISTJ
Mugen - ISTP
Fuu - ESFP

Desmond Linus
07-16-2010, 12:27 PM
How about Ben Linus from Lost?

Mahgol
07-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Ben Linus is definitely an INTJ.

Desmond Linus
07-28-2010, 01:55 AM
Thanks for agreeing with me, Mahgol

"How many times do I have to tell you, John. I [B]always[B] have a plan."

Ben was very manipulative. Is that an INTJ trait? I thought it was more ENTP.

crabnebula
07-28-2010, 01:10 PM
From White Collar (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) TV series, both Neil Caffrey and Peter Burke seem INTJish.

lambpox
08-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Inception

Cobb - ISTP (To be honest, I'm very uncertain about his type!)
Ariadne - INTP
Arthur - ISTJ
Eames - ENTP
Mal - XNFJ
Saito - INTJ
Yusef - ENFP
Robert Fischer - INFP
Miles (Michael Caine, Cobb's dad) - INFJ

silicon212
08-12-2010, 01:34 PM
"Brill" (Gene Hackman) Enemy of the State

sairakh
08-12-2010, 09:56 PM
I could be way off base here, but I think Holmes was an ENTP and Professor Moriarity was an INTJ, especially because they died together so darn beautifully.

Holmes didn't die. He hid on a ledge and escaped abroad for three years before returning to Watson in disguise. (read: The Return of Sherlock Holmes by Sir A. C. Doyle)

Kisai
08-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Ben was very manipulative. Is that an INTJ trait? I thought it was more ENTP.

ENTPs manipulate by presenting ideas, and sweetening some ideas more than others.

Ben plays his cards very close to the chest. He only likes to present information when he has to or its being beaten out of him, and he'll lie half the time anyways.

votebob
08-13-2010, 05:41 AM
With 24 pages of replies, I'm sure most, if not all of these have been said before, but...

Fictional INTJs

John Sheppard (Stargate: Atlantis)
Batman
Sid Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)
Dr. Horrible (Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog)
Dr. X and Magneto (X-Men)
Sylar (Heroes)
Westley (The Princess Bride) (Though, I've seen this one viciously debated.)

On a different forum, I saw some people saying the Joker was an INTJ, to which I have to give an emphatic, "No! No! Definitely Not! Are you an idiot? Can you not see how clearly and obviously wrong you are?!" An INTJ would not create mayhem just for the LOLs or actively pursue anarchy. They're the system builders for god sake! The people touting this nonsense must have been ESFPs or something.

Rohsiph
08-16-2010, 09:25 AM
An INTJ would not create mayhem just for the LOLs or actively pursue anarchy. They're the system builders for god sake! The people touting this nonsense must have been ESFPs or something.

Sometimes the best way to build a new system requires first ripping the old one to shreds.

It all depends on the incarnation but Joker has his INTJ moments. The thing about INTJ iconoclasts is there's always a greater reason driving the chaos. Usually Joker seems to be missing this piece . . . but there are moments . . .

plushbug
08-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Just scanning page 6... :laugh: ohyeah, I'd see Avon as INTJ.

How about Adele Mundy, from David Drake's RCN/Leary series? Librarian and signals geek extraordinaire, smart, socially disconnected, asexual, and full-on deadly.

silicon212
09-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Anyone here ever watch the old TV show Airwolf?

Stringfellow Hawke.

Nonsuch
09-05-2010, 03:46 PM
How about that "Dirty Harry" character played by Clint Eastwood ? Wasn't he an INTJ ?

stein
09-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Has anyone read F. Paul Wilson's Repairman Jack series. I think that the protagonist Jack is an INTJ.

WhereIsNovember
09-14-2010, 12:30 AM
I agree with those who said Daria & Zexion.

I would like to add Artemis Fowl to the list.

Moniker9
10-03-2010, 03:03 AM
Which fictional intj character best exemplifies the strengths, weaknesses and other characteristics of our type?

My personal choice: Lelouch from Code Geass

Kisai
10-04-2010, 01:10 AM
Klaus von Wulfenbach of Girl Genius. Ruler of Europa. One of the major antagonists.

Typical INTJ moment (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

dmark5659
10-04-2010, 02:26 AM
I believe Ricardo Carlos Manoso aka 'Ranger' in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich is an INTJ. Perhaps he doesn't completely embody all the traits--he seems perhaps a little more action-oriented than I would expect a INTJ to be. He grew up on the mean streets of Newark, NJ. He's a former Army Ranger and currently a bounty hunter and entreprener (co-owns Rangeman LLC, a private security firm, with offices in Trenton, Atlanta, Boston and Miami). He's wealthy (self-made), intelligent, very private, emotionally closed off, and considered (by many fans of the series) to be one of the 'hottest' fictional men around.

Characteristics of INTJ embodied by Ranger:
Very self-confident
Very private (another character, Lula, calls him Mr. Silent Mysteriso)
Doesn't talk much, and his utterances are very short and to the point
Extremely intelligent and capable
Takes his commitments very seriously
Not threatened by conflict or critciism (or much of anything really)
Not naturally in tune with other people's feelings

Megalomania
10-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Hannibal Lecter.....or Gandalf.

jndiii
10-04-2010, 11:36 PM
I would suggest Richard Cypher (Rahl) of the Sword of Truth series. I got bored of the books after a while, but I suspect the author (Terry Goodkind) is an INTJ, and his main character displays very INTJ traits. E.g., take a prophecy that seems to forebode doom, and actually figure out what it "really means" in order to win the day. Very very Ni. And the rest of what he does is very Te. Never mind that some of Terry Goodkind's plots seem to be along the lines of Ayn Rand books ...

Moniker9
10-05-2010, 01:47 AM
Hannibal Lecter.....or Gandalf.

Definitely Gandalf. Gandalf should be the patron saint of INTJs (and wizards for that matter). As for Lecter, I don't know how well the MBTI applies to psychopaths.

ModernLit
10-05-2010, 02:18 AM
i think the main guy (the journalist) in "the lives of others" was pretty INTJ... and possibly even the stasi agent?!

Stealthjelly
10-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Hmm, trying to think of some fictional characters I believe to be intj's...

Maybe Death Note's L? Miles Edgewoth from the Phoenix Wright games kinda strikes me as a bit intj like, but I don't remember his character well enough to be sure.

I need to think of some more...

knowprose
10-05-2010, 03:20 PM
John Galt (Atlas Shrugged): Gandalf is awesome as an INTJ, but Galt... I prefer Galt.

wannabeme
10-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Nolan's Bruce Wayne :)

aku chi
10-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Michael Corleone in The Godfather (novel and films). He is independent, intellectual, insightful, intimidating, fair, cold but occasionally passionate. It could be argued that Tom Hagen and Vito Corleone are INTJs but Michael is, without a doubt, an INTJ.

Gandalf is also a good embodiment of INTJ qualities, particularly the arrogance that can arise from high self confidence.

Samogitian
10-06-2010, 04:12 PM
For me it is Hannibal Lecter or Light Yagami without doubts

Alchtu
10-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Gandalf for me

ischuldt
10-06-2010, 04:45 PM
I don't exactly know how you can pretend to know what a fictional characters personality type is, but if I was going to guess I'd say Captain Picard, Gandalf, maybe Batman.

Imagineering
10-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Stuie from Family Guy

Moniker9
10-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Nolan's Bruce Wayne :)

Yeah I always thought that he was as well, surprisingly he's almost completely absent from most INTJ fan lists. It may be because he is very emotional in his own brooding, quiet way, Batman's defining characteristic is after all obsession.

---------- Post added 10-06-2010 at 03:59 PM ----------

I don't exactly know how you can pretend to know what a fictional characters personality type is, but if I was going to guess I'd say Captain Picard, Gandalf, maybe Batman.
I find it funny you said "how can you pretend to know" and then immediately pretended to know. Obviously they are not real people so no one can know, it's just fun.

DrB
10-07-2010, 12:05 PM
The emperor from Star Wars... definitely INTJ

Brion
10-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Michael from the tv series LeFemme Nikita... from 1997-2001

KHOT
10-07-2010, 01:37 PM
For me: Revy from the Black Lagoon anime series. I love her character, the inner darkness and bitterness, the way she sees the world, and the way she deals with it.

Lord Shadowbane
10-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Light, Gandalf and ESPECIALLY Lelouch. Lelpouch is my favorite anime character other than Great Teacher Onizuka, Naruto and a few others.

thallazar
10-07-2010, 09:14 PM
I'd definently have to say Bobba fett from star wars.

psykhe
10-07-2010, 10:13 PM
I would also place Uchiha Sasuke (from Naruto) and Kuchiki Byakuya (from Bleach) as INTJs. Yay for anime!

Don't judge!!

Yay! definitely Byakuya is an INTJ..I am not sure with Sasuke though, he seems uncertain at times.

JulietCapulet
10-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Lt. Ellen Ripley!!!! She is my favorite.To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

---------- Post added 10-09-2010 at 01:14 PM ----------

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

Psycophant
10-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Was Ripley an INTJ? She cared way too much for that little girl. She was a complete stranger. Would an INTJ risk her/his life for a stranger. She knew more about the aliens than the little girl. I say, leave the little girl to her fate, and try to teach the aliens some basic language skills in order to learn more about them. Yes, you would need to restrain the alien first, but the little girl is definitely out of the picture. She was always screaming and nagging anyway.

---------- Post added 10-09-2010 at 03:04 PM ----------

Great call on Bobba fett.

Wundervoll
10-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Just putting it out there:

The Calamity
10-11-2010, 10:11 AM
I would say Lelouch, Light, and Dexter.

flower
10-11-2010, 12:16 PM

Regarding Dexter, I really don't think an INTJ serial killer would care if his victims where evil, an INTJ would just kill and plan to make it perfect.

StorySmith
10-11-2010, 10:41 PM

All hail Emporor Lelouch! Poor Shirley though.

jndiii
10-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Was Ripley an INTJ? She cared way too much for that little girl. She was a complete stranger. Would an INTJ risk her/his life for a stranger. She knew more about the aliens than the little girl. I say, leave the little girl to her fate, and try to teach the aliens some basic language skills in order to learn more about them. Yes, you would need to restrain the alien first, but the little girl is definitely out of the picture. She was always screaming and nagging anyway.

---------- Post added 10-09-2010 at 03:04 PM ----------

Great call on Bobba fett.

Sorry, but I know several INTJs who are very sweet and have the capacity to love deeply as well as being stoic physicians and other things. INTJ does not always equal cold.

Check out this MBTI motivational poster:

An INTJ, if one comes to believe that you deserve compassion and sympathy, will be remarkably forthcoming in that regard.

INTJs have Fi. Fi, if developed at all, tends to champion a cause. The means and techniques that INTJ employs will be uniquely INTJ, but those deemed under the INTJ's protection will be protected at all costs.

Of course it is possible for an INTJ to be negative and jaded and misanthropic, in which case none of the above applies, but most INTJs aren't that despairing of hope.

Puella
10-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Jigsaw. Did anybody already mention him?

Tocsin
10-14-2010, 06:50 AM
How about Johnny Depp's portrayal of Ichabod Crane in Sleepy Hollow?

Ichabod Crane: The millennium is almost upon us. In a few months, we will be living in the nineteenth century. But our courts continue to rely on medieval devices of torture.
High Constable: STAND DOWN!
Ichabod Crane: I stand up, for sense and justice.

The Burgomaster: Constable Crane! This is a song we have heard from you more than once. Now, there are two courses open to me. The first, is to let you cool your heels in the cells until you learn respect for the dignity of my office...
Ichabod Crane: I beg pardon. But why am I the only one who can see that to solve crimes, we must use our brains, assisted by reason, using up-to-date scientific techniques?

Young Masbath: A strange sort of witch, with a kind and loving heart. How can you think so?
Ichabod Crane: I have good reason.
Young Masbath: Then you are bewitched by reason.
Ichabod Crane: I am beaten down by it!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. XM=/imgsleepy%20hollow3.jpg

Artio
10-14-2010, 11:42 AM
It's hard for me to choose one that is the favorite one. But I, too, love Severus Snape as well as Ichabod Crane. The first one is sure about his path even when the others doubt it, the last one is a bit lost with himself among the others.

zmo
10-14-2010, 03:08 PM
howard roark & the brain.

Hydro
10-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Elphaba from WICKED by Gregory Maguire!

"And then there is the little green-skinned girl named Elphaba, who will grow up to become the infamous Wicked Witch of the West, a smart, prickly, and misunderstood creature who challenges all our preconceived notions about the nature of good and evil."

MrFlaneur
10-14-2010, 06:15 PM

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.@To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

redpepper
10-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Jake Holman, from The Sand Pebbles

Wordsmith
10-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly

MagicLoro
10-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Heathcliff of Wuthering Heights

bluesunchild
10-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Dean Winchester <3 (;
and Dexter, of course, if he counts for an INTJ..

Eridal
10-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Really? I always thought Richard was more of an ENFJ. He has a great report with people and seems to have more feeling than an INTJ. I didn't notice any INTJ characters in the Sword of Truth series. The closest IMO was Nathan, but I thought he was more of an ENTJ.

I'm going to have to disagree with this mainly because there's no way that Richard Rahl is an ENFJ. First off he can't be an E because he's very introverted most of the time he thinking internally rather than out loud and usually appeared drained during social settings rather than energized. He wouldn't be an F either because he always took the logical approach whenever solving a problem. He demonstrates many of the INTJ traits rarely does he go with the social norms tending to go his own way. Tends to do things himself and spends much of his time debating and considering a problem internally rather than externally. I could go on but that's enough for now :p

As for my favorite INTJ type I'd have to go with Light Yagami

Hadeharia
10-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Light Yagami from Death Note, Benjamin Linus from Lost, Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, and Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape from Harry Potter are my favorites. (Ed is the only one I'm unsure about; he could be an ENTP or something else entirely, but I think that INTJ fits him best.) I excluded Lelouch from my list because he's always struck me as an Extravert instead of an Introvert. Same with Stewie Griffin, especially considering how he acts in the later seasons.

Dean Winchester <3 (;

I'm not sure whether you're being serious or not, but Dean is most definitely not an INTJ. Quite the opposite, in fact. He seems like either an ESFP or ESTP.

JEP
10-17-2010, 02:38 AM
My personal favorite...The Count of Monte Cristo

Moniker9
10-17-2010, 03:30 AM
He definitely does have a knack for planning. Also, have you noticed the similarities between him and Batman?

---------- Post added 10-17-2010 at 12:37 AM ----------

I excluded Lelouch from my list because he's always struck me as an Extravert instead of an Introvert. Same with Stewie Griffin, especially considering how he acts in the later seasons.

Lelouch extroverted? No way. Look at him, does he have any social friends.

Supaslim
10-17-2010, 04:28 AM
I'm not sure whether you're being serious or not, but Dean is most definitely not an INTJ. Quite the opposite, in fact. He seems like either an ESFP or ESTP.

I agree. I'm almost positive he's an ESXP; I just can't put my finger on whether he's an F (he is really gung-ho about familial bonds and whatnot) or a T (the guy may not be book-smart, but he he has brains and he uses them). Sam is closer to being an INTJ than Dean is, although I'd venture to say he's an INFP or INFJ, if anything.

mhm
10-18-2010, 12:59 AM
Dagny Taggart and/or John Galt surely?

Good to see someone mentioned another Rand character a few posts back but these two are as close to a male and female archetype as you'll get.

INTJoe
10-18-2010, 02:00 AM
I like Robert DeNiro's Sam Rothstein character from Casino. He's analytical as a renown sports betting handicapper and he's got his own idea of what's right and wrong. Likes being master of his domain, and eschews Nicky's ESTP risky behavior which can mess up a good thing. Falls on his face when he takes on a talk show in an effort to get back at beaurocrats on live TV. Very cold as a casino manager, but cares a lot about people close to him (his druggy, wily wife, played by Sharon Stone). I don't know, he seems like a great character and shows both the strengths and weaknesses of an INTJ.

Some great lines of his from the movie, if you haven't seen it:

"When you love someone, you've gotta trust them. There's no other way. You've got to give them the key to everything that's yours. Otherwise, what's the point?"

on being offered a casino to run: "It's a tough proposition, Andy. You, you know, if I did it, I'd have to run it my way. I'm serious. No interference."

"Listen to me very carefully. There are three ways of doing things around here. The right way, the wrong way, and the way I do it. You understand?"
Other guy: "I do understand that. I'll get right on it. And thank you."
"Don't thank me, just do it. You're the Slots Manager. I shouldn't have to tell you this."

"Listen, if you didn't know you're bein' scammed, you're too fuckin' dumb to keep this job. If you did know, you were in on it. Either way, you're out! Get out!"

Zamarok
10-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Dexter Morgan, Hannibal Lecter, Bill Compton from True Blood, Jim from The Office (maybe?)

Soli
10-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Stewie Griffin from Family Guy, and definitely Hannibal Lecter. I think any Anthony Hopkins role could probably be an INTJ though when you think about it.

mbtiguy100
11-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Poirot, Sherlock Holmes, Dr House,

Gabefesst
11-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Which fictional intj character best exemplifies the strengths, weaknesses and other characteristics of our type?

My personal choice: Lelouch from Code Geass

I've never seen Daria, but she seems to be from the previews I've seen.

rabbitinthehat
11-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Agent Smith from Matrix.... or could he be an ENTJ?
No, he is an INTJ he is so annoyed by humans. Well, actually he is not human. Anyway he's a fictional character.

rabbitinthehat
11-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Nathan Ford from Leverage. He is a good/bad guy, always has a Plan C, D, E...

InfiniteLoop
11-04-2010, 10:35 PM
I've always suspected this, especially from his behavior in some of the comics and in Batman Begins, but who agrees that Johnathan Crane/Scarecrow is an INTJ, if a very evil one? Because if he is, as I suspect, he's probably the epitome of the INTJ gone mad (pun not intended, I swear)... What about some other Bat-Rogues? Now I'm curious... And does anyone else see Batman himself as an NT at least, if not an INTJ? Think about it - the planning, the thinking ahead, the hiding of emotions (exactly how many times and to how many people does Bruce actually show his true feelings? Not many).

There's a big difference, though, between being a sociopath and an INTJ. If we're talking about Dexter Morgan, and not about Dexter from the cartoon Dexter's Laboratory. Both are pretty kick-ass shows.

LOGIC
11-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Two favorite INTJs.

A tiny little mouse called Brains. Constantly trying to take over the world only to fail because he lacked the means... and because the scenario authors needed the job.

And Data from Star Trek. The reason: "His positronic brain allows him impressive computational capabilities. Data experienced ongoing difficulties during the early years of his life with understanding various aspects of human behavior and was unable to feel emotion or understand certain human idiosyncrasies, inspiring him to strive for his own humanity." (from To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. (Star Trek)). Sounds familiar?

Freudians Lip
11-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Gandalf, Paul Atreides (Dune), Dominic Cobb (Inception).

---------- Post added 11-08-2010 at 11:40 AM ----------

Ah, Pinky and the Brain. Excellent choice, Logic.

ImOnKeys 8088
11-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Two favorite INTJs.

And Data from Star Trek. The reason: "His positronic brain allows him impressive computational capabilities. Data experienced ongoing difficulties during the early years of his life with understanding various aspects of human behavior and was unable to feel emotion or understand certain human idiosyncrasies, inspiring him to strive for his own humanity." (from ). Sounds familiar?

I'm not sure Data isn't an ISTJ. Is he really an intuitive? Or is he closer to Spock? At any rate, I love TNG. My favorite INTJ is Picard.

I also just saw Megamind last night. He seems like our type.

Supaslim
11-08-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm rather fond of Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka.

note: I'm aware that he's hard to type, but he seems like a definite INTJ to me.

I- he locks himself in his factory for years and years at his own volition, and only opens it to let in 10 people in order to find a successor. Clearly he isn't very social.

N- The whole factory is a fantasy land dreamed up by him.

T- He's a calculating man- I'm sure he had all of the children's fates planned from the start, and had backup plans for his backup plans. Plus, he would have to be somewhat of a thinker to design his factory, candy, and whatnot to be functional/edible and run it all himself.

J- debatable, but he does make decisions on the spot.

CaesAug
11-08-2010, 04:59 PM
I like Robert DeNiro's Sam Rothstein character from Casino. He's analytical as a renown sports betting handicapper and he's got his own idea of what's right and wrong. Likes being master of his domain, and eschews Nicky's ESTP risky behavior which can mess up a good thing. Falls on his face when he takes on a talk show in an effort to get back at beaurocrats on live TV. Very cold as a casino manager, but cares a lot about people close to him (his druggy, wily wife, played by Sharon Stone). I don't know, he seems like a great character and shows both the strengths and weaknesses of an INTJ.

Some great lines of his from the movie, if you haven't seen it:

"When you love someone, you've gotta trust them. There's no other way. You've got to give them the key to everything that's yours. Otherwise, what's the point?"

on being offered a casino to run: "It's a tough proposition, Andy. You, you know, if I did it, I'd have to run it my way. I'm serious. No interference."

"Listen to me very carefully. There are three ways of doing things around here. The right way, the wrong way, and the way I do it. You understand?"
Other guy: "I do understand that. I'll get right on it. And thank you."
"Don't thank me, just do it. You're the Slots Manager. I shouldn't have to tell you this."

"Listen, if you didn't know you're bein' scammed, you're too fuckin' dumb to keep this job. If you did know, you were in on it. Either way, you're out! Get out!"

He seemed like an ENTJ to me.

Anyway, I would have to say Hannibal Lecter.

delahov
11-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Definitely Dagny Taggart/John Galt. Is Dr. House an intj? I would think so but I'm not an expert.

Fubudis
11-10-2010, 12:34 PM
My vote goes to House MD.

AltoidaMintera
11-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

noir
11-11-2010, 07:40 PM

If you take a look at the extended release of Aliens, you will see the previously deleted scenes in which we learn that Lt. Ripley's daughter lived out her life into old age and died while she was lost in space in stasis. Her attachment to the child survivor of the terraforming expedition is meant to reflect her need to work through that more personal loss.
This does not at all seem out of line with an INTJ personality, especially considering that we do not see the character actually grieve the loss of her own child in any usual way, rather she takes the information in and gets on with things only to later project those emotions onto a new, living child whom she can actively protect.

Akzis
11-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm rather fond of Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka.

note: I'm aware that he's hard to type, but he seems like a definite INTJ to me.

I- he locks himself in his factory for years and years at his own volition, and only opens it to let in 10 people in order to find a successor. Clearly he isn't very social.

N- The whole factory is a fantasy land dreamed up by him.

T- He's a calculating man- I'm sure he had all of the children's fates planned from the start, and had backup plans for his backup plans. Plus, he would have to be somewhat of a thinker to design his factory, candy, and whatnot to be functional/edible and run it all himself.

J- debatable, but he does make decisions on the spot.

I think that x may have been a definite INTJ.

I - he has been isolated at one point.
N - he has used his imagination at one point or another
T - he's kind of smart
J - I don't like INTPs

Personally, I think he's closer to ENFP. Obnoxious amounts of Ne with high Fi.

darcykatrina
11-11-2010, 11:15 PM
I can't decide between Hannibal Lector, Stewey from Family Guy, or Lisbeth Salander from the Millennium series. I guess they each can represent a different aspect of my personality: collected/refined yet unpredictable, sardonic humor, and intellectual bad-ass.

Rcx
11-11-2010, 11:31 PM
I must second the nomination for Michael Scofield, protagonist of Prison Break.

palinscopic
11-11-2010, 11:33 PM
I don't know if Veronica Mars is an INTJ, but she seems like one, so that's my choice.

prodigy
11-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Raistlin Majere (Dragonlance)

Felis Chaus
11-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Sherlock Holmes. Hands down. I adore him.

TenochAcampicht
11-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Thane Krios from Mass Effect 2 :

His manner of speech, silence, love of theory, priceness, inner confidence and tendency to have empathy while still being able to dish out punishment at people who deserve it, seems to hint to me of an INTJ.

I'd say others could be :

Riddick from Chronicles of Riddick.
Gandalf the Grey
Dr. House

Miryr
11-12-2010, 08:43 PM
The Count of Monte Cristo, Captain Nemo and Hannibal Lecter are my top INTJ characters.

---------- Post added 11-12-2010 at 05:45 PM ----------

Ahh, it seems we have another fan then.

Uriel
11-21-2010, 02:22 PM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. gsZfOkWQ2j7xqk-FRqUsg

Miranda Priestley
...The Devil Wears Prada

...extremely private
...comes off as arrogant
...comes off as cold
...secretly compassionate to a select few who are competent
...achiever

I encourage the males in this forum to watch the movie
...to get an idea as to what a female INTJ would be like

Danclay
11-21-2010, 03:54 PM
For me I would say Dexter Morgan. I started watching that show and I started to realize how similar we were. Not that I wanted to kill people (I dont), but how different i felt than everyone else, Thats what prompted me to take the test and i found out that i was INTJ, and the descriptions of INTJs seemed to really fit me.

ya lyublyu tebya
11-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Lelouch, eeeeee~ *trembles* I would so go heterosexual for him.

Is Raskolnikov from Crime and Punishment an INTJ? He is awesome, too.

Jetaime
11-21-2010, 07:04 PM
This is probably played out by now, but I'm gonna have to go with Dr. Gregory House.

Mikk
11-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Illusive Man from Mass Effect 2

Those who have played the game know what I mean, the rest of you.. play the game.

pyramidheadrock
11-23-2010, 01:37 AM
Paul von Oberstein from Legend of Galactic Heroes. Let me post his wikipedia description:

Paul von Oberstein first served as Reinhard's advisor and later as Chief of Staff. He has two cybernetic eyes as well as a cold and emotionless personality which makes most people dislike him. He is a strategic genius but is weak wherever human emotions are involved. He is, however, one of his most efficient subordinates, and extremely concerned about the well-being of the new dynasty. He dies during a terrorist attack by the Terraist church. It is argued that he died as a decoy for Reinhard or if it was simply a miscalculation on his plan. He has a dog, for whom he cares deeply.

supra938
11-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Light Yagami.

Sad, but inevitable, end.

Toad
11-29-2010, 05:07 PM
What about Roger Chillingworth from The Scarlet Letter? I haven't finished the book yet, but he strikes me as a mastermind.

xxtsubasa
11-30-2010, 01:13 AM
Lelouch is my anime crush. I'd love to meet a person that INTJ.

Light from Death Note is also one of my favorites, but he kind of lost it in the end...

ENFP Invader
11-30-2010, 03:02 AM
Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice.

RedHead8808
11-30-2010, 03:07 AM
I know he's already been mentioned, but Dexter Morgan is my favorite.

Masslessxphoton
11-30-2010, 05:57 AM
Snape is so intj, he's not even intj. Kinda like a how a republican is so republican hes/shes fascist, or someone is so demorcrat, their communist.

Sherlock homes! Hes awesome!

Tahazzar
12-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Well, Raistlin Majere is of course an excellent character, but I would like to nominate "Doctor Doom" in all of his overflowing stereotypical INTJ qualities. "The Books of Doom" version of him was especially great; Man encaged in metal armor (sheltering himself from the outside world and emotions), the one who combines magic and technology, living in castlevania like fortress and ruling his own country with robot army, trying to take over the world and to save his mother's soul from hell. He thinks other as inferior (being basically right), has always a plan b & c, doombots, and possesses absolute faith in his 'destiny'. "Mastermind" and "Super Scientist" indeed, his ironical and tragicomical story is amazing. (Fantastic Four version sucked very badly compared to the real thing.) "The Greatest Villain of All Time" so says DOCTOR DOOM! :evil:

On the other note I think Light Yagami is ENTJ, not INTJ. Discussions over his type have always ended in the end to that conclusion. Others have said that Light was INTJ in the manga, but not in the anime. I have no knowledge on that as I have not read the manga. Near was INTJ character, but he was kinda the more boring type INTJ. :p

Jgss77
12-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Probably already mentioned but, Dr Jonathan Crane from Batman Begins. He kind of have the same facial symmetry as me also.. Creepy.

Reivan
12-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Nicholas Rush from stargate universe.

JesterHead
12-04-2010, 03:12 PM
I think someone already said it, but I think Agent Smith from the Matrix is one as well. It was stated in the third movie I think when Neo met the Architect, that the machines and all of their creations exist to serve a purpose. They have the general "attitude" that the equation needs to be balanced. Any kind of disorder and something is going to waste = there is a clear plan with an expected result. Agent Smith experienced human nature and the Matrix in such a way that he began coming up with his own plan for himself. He corrupted the Machine's programming in the Matrix and existed when other programs were usually deleted or smuggled out of the Matrix = challenging leadership for the best of the plan. I feel like the Wachowski brothers made him the "Anti" of what Neo was, which was also stated explicitly in the movies. He was everything Neo wasn't, which is why he appears as evil rather than just following what he was planning. Where humans had emotions, machines/Agents had a goal and nothing more.

Also from the Matrix, possibly the Twins were INTJs? They were only in that one scene with the Merovingian, but they were very unemotional and doing what they needed to do.

And what do people think about Solid Snake from the Metal Gear Solid series?

Kisai
12-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Agent Smith is a mega ESTJ. His shpiel about considering humanity a virus reflects this. There's no consideration towards human beings, no Intuition at all. Humanity is jsut something to be enslaved. The most creative thing he was capable of, once gaining his freedom, was converting everyone else in the world to be him.

Spectrum
12-04-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't know if any of you like manga's, but my favorite fictional INTJ is Kakashi from Naruto. After reading Naruto (especially Shippuden), I can say with about 94% that he is a genuine INTJ. It's often difficult and/or impossible to type fictional characters (for many reasons), but Naruto develops characters extremely well.

Atmey
12-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Sheldon Cooper, I think he is INTJ.
Yagami Light and Lelouch.
Hakumen from blazblue, i think he is INTJ.

emaleth58
12-09-2010, 04:21 PM
I would have to agree. I think Hannibal Lecter would definitely be my personal pick.

heaven
12-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Sheldon Cooper
Dr House
Miranda Preasly
Michael Scofield

HAL 9000
12-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Lelouch, eeeeee~ *trembles* I would so go heterosexual for him.

Is Raskolnikov from Crime and Punishment an INTJ? He is awesome, too.

I would say good ol' Rodya is an INTJ. And yes, he's my favorite of pretty much every INTJ in literature.

House always seemed more ENTPish to me, but that may have been wishful thinking on my part.

crabnebula
12-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Can't decide between

Mayumi2012
12-11-2010, 10:56 PM
For me it's Jean-Baptiste Grenouille of Patrick Suskind's The Perfume ( story of a murderer)

Very INTJ (100%)

etched
12-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Hmm, just to throw some new ideas in here, and while I have been conclusively tested as an INTJ, I'm still learning to recognise the traits in others, but:

Terry Pratchett's Granny Weatherwax
Many of the 'Contractors' from Darker than Black (Anime)
Dr Manhattan from The Watchmen

CaesAug
12-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Hmm, just to throw some new ideas in here, and while I have been conclusively tested as an INTJ, I'm still learning to recognise the traits in others, but:

Terry Pratchett's Granny Weatherwax
Many of the 'Contractors' from Darker than Black (Anime)
Dr Manhattan from The Watchmen

He's an INTP.

HAL 9000
12-12-2010, 03:50 PM
He's an INTP.

Ozzy would be a more fitting example.

fedrich519
12-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Captain Picard should be the fictional spokesman for INTJ.

Dr. House
Both Michael and Vito Corleone.
I never thought of Rush from SGU, good one.

Soren77
12-15-2010, 02:03 PM
I saw Spock mentioned once in passing, but I am surprised he is not a more popular choice. Is there some debate on whether Spock is actually INTJ? Is it because he isnt fully human? (but of course he is still fictional so maybe that doesnt matter..)

thunder999
12-15-2010, 02:18 PM
To the above Spock is not an INTJ, an example of his non INTJ characteristics is his strict adhesion to rules even when they are in effective, whereas an INTJ would ignore them.

Andeh
12-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Clyde Shelton from Law Abiding Citizen
Jason Bourne from The Bourne Ultimatum

CaesAug
12-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Clyde Shelton from Law Abiding Citizen
Jason Bourne from The Bourne Ultimatum

I think Clyde was an INFJ and Bourne was an ISTP, maybe ISTJ.

jasper077
12-15-2010, 10:20 PM
DUMBLEDORE

Spectrum
12-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Some of you are merely typing any cool character as INTJ.

Andeh
12-15-2010, 11:00 PM
I think Clyde was an INFJ and Bourne was an ISTP, maybe ISTJ.

After giving it more thought, I'd agree, Bourne would most likely not be an INTJ.

I think Clyde was more INFJ before the murder of his wife and daughter. After that, I think he was more INTJ-ish. He was cold-hearted, systematic, strategical, innovative, and a Mastermind.

rednet2
12-17-2010, 02:00 AM
It's hard to pass up, Lelouche, but I always thought of him as ENTJ. Mine would have to be Katsuragi Keima aka. the Capturing God from TWGOK (see avatar). Maybe not as cool as Lelouche, but definitely very INTJ-ish.

Which, of course, is completely justifiable.

LordofBunnies
12-19-2010, 08:08 PM
I might be wrong but I kind of think of Ender from Ender's Game as a classic INTJ. He has very deep emotions but doesn't allow many people to see them. (really only his sister, though later he allows the sentient computer program to get close) He refuses to follow the social hierarchy because he sees no values in the rules. He also sees the value in his team members and knows how to utilize them, and is unwilling to tolerate the stupidity of those he's sees as useless - finding ways to get them off his team. All pretty classic indicators.

Visible Lurker
12-19-2010, 08:11 PM
I’ve considered a few different characters from fiction, there are many that would fit the bill as an INTJ. However, if were talking about the very best fictional INTJ – I’d have to give another vote to Lelouch from Code Geass. Given the extent of his ambitions –to depose the old world order and create a new world without war- and the means he chose to accomplish them, namely raising an army of his own creation and according to his design, I think that Lelouch is the quintessential ‘system builder’ in recent fiction.

wikiwoo
12-20-2010, 09:50 PM
What type is James Bond (maybe ISTJ)? I've always looked up to him as a character, otherwise I'd say Sherlock Holmes.

Imperator
12-21-2010, 01:23 AM
Might not be the "best", but he's my favorite:

Vicious from Cowboy Bebop.

Operator
12-21-2010, 05:09 AM
Roger Ferris and Hani Salaam from Body Of Lies.

Davwin Stone
12-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Michael Scofield - prison break

Clyde Shelton - law abiding citizen

Dexter Morgan - Dexter

Little T
12-22-2010, 11:55 AM
It has to be Lisbeth Salander from the Millenium Series, without a doubt.

BlackFlames
12-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Sasuke and Itachi Uchiha...

Autumnleaf
12-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Ender.

Alanas
12-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Well, I am not qualified to say who is THE best fictional INTJ as I don't really know all of them, I, however, say the one that I like most at the moment: Nicholas Rush from Stargate Universe.

gestalt
12-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Professor Quirrell from Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.

Cuddlefish
12-24-2010, 12:30 PM
As before mentioned-- Adrian Veidt / Ozymandias, from Watchmen.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. umes.jpg

At least in my head he seems INTJ. I am making an effort not to just type people I think are neat as such. I really admire how he plans ahead. I just knew I liked him when he said:
Do it? Dan, I'm not a Republic Serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

Then I was like... 'Oh, snap! That's how it's done.'

JonD
12-24-2010, 12:44 PM
This thread really isn't a discussion, it's a celebration of the best fictional INTJ ever: Dr. Strangelove (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) from the movie of the same name.

I must also add that those of you who believe Greg House to be an INTJ, search up the debates on the forum about this topic. I think there's more evidence he's an ENTP.

Spectrum
12-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Dakota from War of the Worlds is a quintessential INTJ character under high stress.

Miryr
12-24-2010, 03:20 PM
I think the best INTJ character I know of is The Count of Monte Cristo. Lelouch and Captain Nemo come a close second.

---------- Post added 12-24-2010 at 12:24 PM ----------

What type is James Bond (maybe ISTJ)? I've always looked up to him as a character, otherwise I'd say Sherlock Holmes.

James Bond can socialize much better than any I ever could, so he's an E. Then he doesn't really appreciate authority that much and he plans ahead meaning that he's probably an N. The rest of the letters are quite ok, so we can conclude that James Bond is an ENTJ.

Troll
12-25-2010, 12:49 AM
Snoopie

Deet
12-25-2010, 03:16 AM
I'd go with Sherlock Holmes.

mastermind23
12-27-2010, 05:42 PM
House wins that one hands down. Also notable are Sheldon (the Big Bang theory) and Hanibal Lecter.

ktgrey
12-27-2010, 05:56 PM

I think this is going on to some extent too. A very large percentage of fictional characters can be shoehorned into the INTJ box if:

1) They aren't the life of the party
2) They ever plan out anything
3) They aren't giggly or emo
4) They ever actually do things instead of sitting around pondering.

The percentage of people who meet this criteria is considerably above the 2% or 3% that consist of INTJs.

benr3600
01-16-2011, 01:35 AM
Best fictional INTJ?

He's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

WhatTheFunction
01-16-2011, 03:27 AM
*I haven't read everyone's responses.*

With that being said, I'd honestly think that Gregory House is the best character. Maybe that's just me.

Lestat
01-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Hmm difficult. I don't know who my absolute favorite is, but I like Artemis Fowl, Severus Snape and Mr. Darcy.

VF1J
01-16-2011, 08:52 AM
I think Gabriel Utterson from The Strange Case of Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde.

I'm pretty sure he's an INTJ from my analysis of him.

Luciferus
01-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Hannibal Lecter

MiaoPurrington
01-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Sheldon Cooper, I think he is INTJ.
Yagami Light and Lelouch.
Hakumen from blazblue, i think he is INTJ.

and Amy Farrafowler. Big Bang Theory fan here.

Tacdryver
01-17-2011, 05:15 PM
James Bond/Jason Bourne

oldgoat
01-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Hank Moody from Californication

Muse
01-19-2011, 12:43 AM
my vote goes to Lelouch from Code Geass. If i was him, i would have done the same thing. 100% connect to that character.

Atmey
01-19-2011, 02:01 AM
Just started watching House md, House is one of my favorites now.

einsteinette
01-25-2011, 05:57 AM
Mr Darcy ♥
Michael Scofield

devashish8
02-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Sheldon cooper, mike scofield but if i'd to choose 1 it's definitely Hannibal Lecter

Beric
02-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Not sure if anyone's seen the anime Itazura na Kiss, but it's basically a romance where an extreme ESFP goes after an extreme INTJ. Hilarious comedy, yet the two main characters embody their MBTI's so well, as well as some of the stereotypes.

Also Akira Takano from the anime School Rumble. An excellent female INTJ. Very intelligent and planning, yet mysterious, again used for comedy.

As far as Death Note, I have doubts in my mind whether Light is an INTJ. I'd almost say he's an XNTJ. L definitely is INTJ, however.

ZergRush
02-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Might not be the "best", but he's my favorite:

Vicious from Cowboy Bebop.

I dont agree.

My favorite would have to be Ender Wiggin from Ender's game. Runner's up...

Sheldon Cooper. Batman. Ripley (alien). Count of Monte Cristo...

I think Jack Sparrow is INTJ?? Whatcha think?

Moniker9
02-28-2011, 04:05 PM
I dont agree.

My favorite would have to be Ender Wiggin from Ender's game. Runner's up...

Sheldon Cooper. Batman. Ripley (alien). Count of Monte Cristo...

I think Jack Sparrow is INTJ?? Whatcha think?
Jack Sparrow? No way in hell. He's an E all the way.

Pseudonimum
02-28-2011, 04:20 PM
What about Obi-Wan Kenobi? He looks like an INTJ. He's tough and firm in his decisions, rational, pragmatic, controlled, disciplined, intelligent and introspective.

joliee
02-28-2011, 05:10 PM
My favorite is Micheal Scofield.

Beric
02-28-2011, 05:49 PM
What about Obi-Wan Kenobi? He looks like an INTJ. He's tough and firm in his decisions, rational, pragmatic, controlled, disciplined, intelligent and introspective.

I'd say he's ISTJ. He's too focused on duty.

wstim05
02-28-2011, 06:09 PM
andy dufresne

Moniker9
02-28-2011, 06:17 PM
I'd say he's ISTJ. He's too focused on duty.
Agreed. And not nearly arrogant enough.