PDA

View Full Version : Southeastern (not by choice) INTJ

Erin
09-23-2009, 04:07 PM
I have visited this forum before and have wanted to join for a while, and finally decided to take the plunge. I've lived my entire life shaking my head at people and the crazy stuff they do, while only coming into contact with a select few who I have actually thought were worth anything as far as intellect goes. Not too long ago, I figured out why this was so.

So here I am, trying to find my place in the world and people I can relate to. Due to the area I am from, or maybe I am just assuming it is the area I am from-- I am guessing my best bet is to locate all venues of where I may find someone else that thinks rationally and logically. You could call this my last hope for sanity.

Seriously, though-- looking forward to meeting all of you.

vern
09-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Question - Is it hard to live your life constantly shaking your head? Must make it hard to get much done much less go anywhere.

Seriously though, we are glad to have you here. Post again and you will have filled the magic requirements and get your intj wings...

Silverity
09-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the boards, chances are you will find plenty of threads you can relate and contribute to as well as posts that will utterly blow your mind (hopefully).

Cincinnatus
09-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Maybe you'll be able to chat with others and figure out a better place to call home? We're pretty spread out, so I'm sure you'll get plenty of takes on locations.

Ahawk75
09-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Hello!

I used to live in "Weezy-anna", graduated from LSU, love the food, the culture and history is fascinating but I agree that I spent a good deal of my time doing the "Ricky Ricardo" slap against the forehead whenever I saw someone say or do something irrational which was pretty frequent given that we lived in the "Bible Belt" and let's just say that I've felt the burn, glory!
Unfortunately, stupid people are everywhere and there is no avoiding them although I think there are probably greater concentrations of them in a particular area than others. We live in Austin now and it's a nice blend of personalities although I don't venture far outside of the city limits. When you see a billboard that says "Cowboy Church: Preaching Jesus Cowboy Style", it tends to make one feel a bit unsettled....especially when you're wearing a tie dye, sandals and a magic mushroom bumper sticker ;)

Erin
09-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Question - Is it hard to live your life constantly shaking your head? Must make it hard to get much done much less go anywhere.

Yeah, yeah. I know, I must be some hopeless cause, right?

"Seriously," (since that seems to be the word of the day) though-- where I have been for the majority of my life has been the center of the bible belt, with a heavy mix of racism, topped with a tsunami of ignorant, uneducated rednecks. Statistically, how I came out alive and not pregnant and/or married at the age of 15 is a feat in itself.

I'm sure that there are plenty of other places that aren't ideal to live either, but I felt the need to gripe. Hope that's okay. ;) Damn us cancers!

Synamon
09-23-2009, 05:07 PM
You could call this my last hope for sanity.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Welcome to the madness.

Rudy
09-24-2009, 03:21 AM
Welcome, Erin!

Your last hope for sanity? Really? Uhhh... good luck with that.

Anyway, you'll eventually grow resigned to the crazy stuff other people do.

Ok, that's a lie.

Check out the forum reference guide here (http://intjforum.com/faq.php?faq=guide). It has a summary of what type of posting is, and is not, allowed/encouraged on the forum. I recommend looking at it to avoid ridicule, post deletion, and possible death.

If you're looking for more info than that, you can read almost everything you need to know about the forum here (http://intjforum.com/faq.php), and a few more miscellaneous questions about forum features are answered by this thread here (http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=11698).

If you have questions not covered by these links, or need help with some aspect of the forum, you can create a thread in the Support & Feedback section (http://intjforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8), or contact one of the moderators on this list (http://intjforum.com/showgroups.php).

Please, enjoy!

vern
09-24-2009, 10:08 AM
I hear you Erin, and I will attempt to offer 'emotional' support as well as an older intj woman can. I too was reared by rednecks, and I am of mixed race. What fun!

And yes women are generally impregnated at an early age in my family...but not I! I am an INTJ...so take my advice stop shaking the head and let it go, you haven't the time, there is so much else out there that deserves you attention.

My motto 'it is so fucking good to be a pariah!' and I am thankful that I am each and everyday.

rwyatt365
09-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Unfortunately, as Ahawk75 said, the are stupid people everywhere. I live in the Rust Belt and the people up here can be incredibly ignorant. It's especially disquieting when that stupidity is covered by a thin veneer of civility.

I can't guarantee 100% intelligence here on the forum, but I think you'll find yourself doing far fewer face palms here.

Welcome.

Solaris
09-24-2009, 02:37 PM
I live in NC (transplant from Upstate NY). I live in the Research Triangle, so it's actually not too bad here. Once I get out away from that, it's a bit scary sometimes, but their generally pleasant manners in those places make up for it.