PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Ms Regina
09-03-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm a Swedish woman who most likely was born an INFJ, but who (due to damages during childhood and youth) has turned into an INTJ. Even if it wasn't innate I prefer this state so much more, and I have no intentions of "going back" (although my F does show sometimes, but I can deal with it quite well ;))

Being an INTJ who is also a woman makes me feel lonely sometimes, and so I decided to find others similar in order to, if possible, dilute that feeling of alienation and, as a bonus, maybe even understand myself better - yes, sometimes I'm too weird even for myself.

Until next time,

Regina

Kamino
09-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Hello and welcome!

I have some friends in Malmo and I wish I'll go there someday.
Although that childhood experience seems rather painful, I'm happy too theres one more INTJ, plus you're from Sweeden (yay for Nordic/Viking heritage countries)

loosefanbelt
09-03-2009, 10:37 AM
ALMOST went to Malmo - during the summer festival time... sooooo sad that I did not make it.

I like my F, but get it that you prefer to stay without it - it can be like horseflies buzzing about sometimes...

Welcome!

EL Gato
09-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Hello Ms Regina
I am sorry about what your Swedish conditioning did to you. I have a British INFJ-born friend who went through life thinking of himself as an INTJ. He's been irrepressible since discovering his true F self but I truly hope one day he'll get over this and come back to his senses. :laugh:

One solution: you can become an INFJ by night...

Ms Regina
09-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Hello and welcome!
Thanks! :)

I like my F, but get it that you prefer to stay without it - it can be like horseflies buzzing about sometimes...

Welcome!
Thanks - and, yeah, "horseflies buzzing about" is a good description of it. ;)

I have a British INFJ-born friend who went through life thinking of himself as an INTJ. He's been irrepressible since discovering his true F self but I truly hope one day he'll get over this and come back to his senses. :laugh:
Interesting, reminds me of how some INTJ males are actually INFJs, and how some INFJ females are actually INTJs - only that those gender roles inhibit them (us?) from showing the true colours…

One solution: you can become an INFJ by night...
That's an option I might consider. ;)

unnu
09-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Welcome, Regina.
I think weird people are interesting, FWIW. There's a lot of MBTI information on the forum which can help elucidate your type. A good place to check out is the 'What is Fi? What is Fe? (http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=12446)' thread.

Blse
09-04-2009, 02:22 AM
Wouldn't an INTJ fit in well in Swedish culture? (Granted that's based on nothing more than my knowledge of cultural stereotypes, but still...)

Ms Regina
09-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Welcome, Regina.
I think weird people are interesting, FWIW. There's a lot of MBTI information on the forum which can help elucidate your type. A good place to check out is the 'What is Fi? What is Fe? (http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=12446)' thread.
Thanks - I think so too. ;) Will check that thread out.

Wouldn't an INTJ fit in well in Swedish culture? (Granted that's based on nothing more than my knowledge of cultural stereotypes, but still...)
You definitely have a point. I can say I'm grateful that I was born into a culture that isn't exactly extrovert - for example, I can walk around downtown for hours knowing that unless I meet someone I know, I don't have to talk to one single person if I don't want to, since people simply don't talk to each other here. ;) But - Swedes are also very well aware of how "shy" and "inhibited" they are in comparison to other cultures, thus they start criticizing whenever someone is "too quiet" in a social situation, that someone usually being me. And unfortunately I'm not just an introvert, I'm even a very expressed introvert, so I'm extreme even to be a Swede. Hence, I don't fit in very well.

What is worse, though, is that I also happen to be very expressed intuitive. And I actually don't find Swedes that intuitive at all; I think they are definitely more sensing than intuitive (even if I'm sure there are more sensing cultures). So my very expressed intuitive side makes Swedes in general think I'm crazy, to put it mildly.

As I mentioned before my T isn't that expressed, nor is my J, so I have no actual problems with them. It's my extreme introverted intuition that always seems to cause me trouble.

Monte314
09-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm a Swedish woman who most likely was born an INFJ, but who (due to damages during childhood and youth) has turned into an INTJ.

So, you see us as a pathetic assemblage of "damaged" people? The twisted and embittered wreckage of years of psychological carnage? The horrific remains of the unmitigated hatred and abuse perpetrated upon us by "normal" people?

Freaks? Losers? Human garbage? Physicists!?

Uh... yeah, I'd have to say that you've got us pretty well figured out... except for the "physicists" part.

Ms Regina
09-05-2009, 06:06 AM
So, you see us as a pathetic assemblage of "damaged" people? The twisted and embittered wreckage of years of psychological carnage? The horrific remains of the unmitigated hatred and abuse perpetrated upon us by "normal" people?

Freaks? Losers? Human garbage? Physicists!?

Uh... yeah, I'd have to say that you've got us pretty well figured out... except for the "physicists" part.
You make me feel at home already. :)

jonnyb
09-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Howdy there Miss Regina. Care for a double bourbon on the rocks?

Ms Regina
09-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Howdy there Miss Regina. Care for a double bourbon on the rocks?
Always in the mood for a double whatever. :) Cheers (and TGIF)!