PDA

View Full Version : What else is new?

kandii
09-03-2009, 04:23 AM
As in what else is new other than there being a new person in the forum? Well... I'm a new person.

I'm Candice, though I prefer to be called Candie for short. Mostly because some people can't spell my name right for some reason (ex. Candace, Candance. Yeah, Candance). Though I'm sure people might even butcher the nickname and refer to me as a sweet, sugary morsel instead. Ah, well. I tried. I'm twenty-two years old and will turn twenty-three next April. I am also returning back to college in the winter, which for me is exciting. I can't wait.

During my free time (which is all of fall quarter, oh goody) I like to read, write (just a bit), and indulge in my art.

Though I thoroughly enjoy playing a range of PC/Console games as well as some freeware games. I like puzzle games such as the Myst Series, horror like Fatal Frame (Project Zero); RPGs like most of Final Fantasy, and I have a fond love for the Trico team that created Shadow of the Colossus and ICO. I can't wait for their new game on the PS3, which looks stunning. My two current favorite games right now are Myst III Exile and Okami for the PS2.

Other than that... I tend to be a quiet person. I like to observe more than anything, so I might not post too often on the forums. But I would definitely like to get to know people, either way, and maybe write back and forth more personally.

Anyway, I think I'm done. I could keep going but my typing is getting sloppy and I have a busy day tomorrow. So long!

Oh yes... I am an INTJ type. Just so you know... even though I noticed it right under my avatar, but I assume it's not so obvious since everyone is saying what type they are. Well, almost everyone. Whatever: For those who don't notice that, I guess. *cheesy sarcastic smile*

admittedheretic
09-03-2009, 05:15 AM
Welcome.

Myst Rules! Have you played realMyst? It actually has a rendered world instead of the video clips. Other then that it is the same.

kandii
09-03-2009, 05:20 AM
realMyst is great. In fact it was a relief to be able to make a 360 degree turn instead of just clicking left or right in realMyst. But I enjoy the original as well. I remember playing that game when I was ten or so, and it was so interesting and fun. I also like how they put the age Rhime in realMyst. I want to eventually read all the published Myst books, too.

loosefanbelt
09-03-2009, 06:58 AM
Welcome - the dog will be sniffing around for candy - be prepared with offerings...

kandii
09-03-2009, 07:02 AM
I'll have to go buy a bag of those sugar-free turtle chocolates for massive damage. Oh yes, they have nuts.

Kamino
09-03-2009, 08:33 AM
First of all, Hello and thanx for the welcome on the thread I started.

Oh, wow, Myst and Final Fantasy! Those are some of my favorite games too (I begin to think that these jungian tests ARE true. At the begining I did as a glossy magazine-test-thing).

Could I ask you what are you studying at college? ^^
Anyway welcome and thanx for welcoming me too!

EL Gato
09-03-2009, 11:30 AM
welcome kandii. Seems like you'll be finding like minded souls here. Enjoy the forum!

kandii
09-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi, Kamino. And you're welcome for the... welcome, I suppose.

You like those games, too? Aren't they fun? I haven't found too many other people who enjoy Myst and its little worlds as well as its characters.

And as for college, I'll be majoring in Accounting, though I plan to take language courses and anthropology. I think it's crucial to be able to understand the wide range of culture and thought of different people, especially now of all days when what used to be the minorities are now the majorities in America. I want to learn Spanish, and eventually Chinese after I receive my ATA.

I'm not sure what the future holds as far as jumping right into the field or continuing my studies (maybe work-study), though I want to go towards a Bachelor's, transferring to a university through a Business AA. I'm really excited about that.

Malkavia
09-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Welcome!

If you love RPGs I highly suggest you look at Planescape: Torment. It is a very old game but has an absolutely incredible story line. Quite darker than most RPGs on the market today.

unnu
09-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Hey there, kandii.
I couldn't find any 'dancing can' pictures on Google Images, and my Photoshop skills are less than perfect. So, no jokes I'm afraid. I can dance for you if it'll make you feel better.
Welcome.

kandii
09-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Welcome!

If you love RPGs I highly suggest you look at Planescape: Torment. It is a very old game but has an absolutely incredible story line. Quite darker than most RPGs on the market today.

I've heard of Planescape, though I never played it before. I just looked up a small summary that told the gist of the game, and it seems to be pretty popular amongst the RPG community. I will definitely consider getting it one day. Thanks!

Hey there, kandii.
I couldn't find any 'dancing can' pictures on Google Images, and my Photoshop skills are less than perfect. So, no jokes I'm afraid. I can dance for you if it'll make you feel better.
Welcome.

Not like I expected to be top-priority around here, but maybe you didn't put in too much effort. There's always dancing cans to be had. But you dancing just might suffice. Onward.

unnu
09-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Not like I expected to be top-priority around here, but maybe you didn't put in too much effort. (...)

Alright, fine, you twisted my arm (plus I'm too tired to dance right now).

http://i27.tinypic.com/xm3djn.jpg

I hope you're happy now. *grumble*

Monte314
09-04-2009, 08:21 PM
*dog comes sniffing around*

Hey, I heard there were "edibles" here, but I guess it's just newbies.

Well, I did a calculus lab this morning, and a chemistry lecture this afternoon... tomorrow I'm lecturing on "theory of proof" in my low-level computer science class, then flogging my "advanced topics" students after that.

Then, I'll come home and do math until the wee hours of the night.

Could life get any better?

Oh, sorry. This thread is suppose to be about the newby. Yeah, Hi.

But back to me....