PDA

View Full Version : Hello World

jmparks
08-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Hey there.

I figured I would join up on these forums in order to communicate with other people in my same personality type. I've known I am INTJ for a few years now, since about the beginning of my college career.

I'm sure we all have unique experiences in our nature and personality and I'd like to share some of mine quick - I guess this is sort of a trial by fire introduction right?

As a child I felt completely unnatural in the things that I enjoyed... scientific experiments, playing with circuits, tripping my parents breaker every once in a while, the usual. I hated sports, I hated class and teachers, I hated the youth I was around. So I began to study computers, art, and music all around the age of ten. They felt more natural to me than anything else had before.

I never excelled at school except for when someone gave me a reason to, never saw the point of exerting myself for the education system that the US had to offer. I was a student that always would ace the exam, but never do the homework. There were many exceptions to the rule where I worked in school to learn something that I perceived as applicable knowledge - music/art/computers (go figure).

I then started to learn how to act completely different than normal to get exactly what I wanted, at any time. It was more a survivalist development rather than anything else - by the point I was 16 my mother had cancer (plus a myriad of mental issues that never got dealt with), my father was dead, and my brother was an alcoholic college jock still living at home. I hated living at home.

After highschool I kept living at home because of cost working while going to school full time. (PC Tech, Server Engineer, and now a Web Developer) I had no social life, by default. After three years of college I began working full time and dropped out of school (helluva good job offer as the Senior Web Developer at my current company) - there wasn't anything there for me that I wanted, and I was generally bored, insulted, and upset.

I constantly wish I could be around other people more understanding of who and what I actually am, but I find myself around dipshit college graduates/students who I share almost nothing in common with, in party environments, where everyone's #1 goal is inebriation/drama/sex, in a flooded city that thinks good entertainment is American Idol, or Garth Brooks concert and a 40 of cheap beer. I'm also a pessimist, a sincere one at that.

Now I'm about a year out of college and 22 years old, finally starting to get an idea of whats up.

With all that out of the way I'm very excited to meet you - to share in on an experience that I'm beginning to understand comes along with being INTJ.

So, in summary - sup INTJ forums? (any questions?)

loosefanbelt
08-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Do you have licorice?

Welcome!

jmparks
08-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Lots, do you have a zeppelin?

Synamon
08-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Lots, do you have a zeppelin?

Mine's in the shop.

Welcome to the forum.

jonnyb
08-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Wow, I remember when I use to rewire my lights, outlets, electronics and other peoples ignition switches. Takes me back. I can assure you that the circuit breakers you flipped were much easier to fix than the lightbulb socket fuses I melted on numerous occassions. My mother is a spiritual woman who claims that I am still alive and that her house never burnt down because of her prayers........

Monte314
08-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Hmmm... you sound like a pretty bright guy.

You didn't tell us anything about your major. Many of my students are adults who have come back to school, so I have great respect for those who can work and finish a degree at the same time.

SelfMadeBum
08-15-2009, 07:25 PM
I read only the first and last sentences of your intro... welcome.

So... nothing much... and no.

ucfvlamj
08-16-2009, 05:01 AM
Hmmm... whatès wrong with inebration, drama, or sexÉ Ah... finally my INTJ comes out. Wondering whatès wrong with me. Welcome!

Rudy
09-23-2009, 04:48 PM
A very belated welcome, jmparks!

Surely with so much to say, you can manage more than 5 posts in a month, right? *hopeful*

Also, I like Garth Brooks, though not cheap beer. Does this mean I'm on your shit list?

In case there's anything you haven't picked up yet in your time here so far:

Check out the forum reference guide here (http://intjforum.com/faq.php?faq=guide). It has a summary of what type of posting is, and is not, allowed/encouraged on the forum. I recommend looking at it to avoid ridicule, post deletion, and possible death.

If you're looking for more info than that, you can read almost everything you need to know about the forum here (http://intjforum.com/faq.php), and a few more miscellaneous questions about forum features are answered by this thread here (http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=11698).

If you have questions not covered by these links, or need help with some aspect of the forum, you can create a thread in the Support & Feedback section (http://intjforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8), or contact one of the moderators on this list (http://intjforum.com/showgroups.php).

Please, continue to enjoy!