PDA

View Full Version : Aloha

Sherry
08-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Short and simple.
My name is Roxane and I drink Martini.Also I'm trying to write a book and find a job to pay my bills.If that makes any sense.
I am so egocentric that I could have considered I'm the only one like this.I have no one to relate to as an INTJ. But the first character I ever resembeled with was Dr House and I loved the way he was seen like a (byronic) hero. And after some heavy google-ing,I found this forum.
My biggest issue is that people judge me way too much by the way I look.I'm tall and top modelish and people tend to dismiss my intellect. 'Cause if she's pretty,she can't be smart.It can't be both for them.The only reason why I'm telling it now is that you'll be hearing it long time.
Well,this was not short.But it's pretty simple.
Anyway, happy to be here

Mogura
08-12-2009, 06:39 PM
My name is Mogura and I drink Sherry.

Ha ha. You from the islands?

Sherry
08-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Nope :) no islands over here
Romania actually

Mogura
08-12-2009, 08:16 PM
So, you're a House fan, eh? There are some threads here devoted to the show and the man...

Monte314
08-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Greetings, ma'am. We are pleased that you have joined us, and are looking forward to hearing more about you.

Are there dogs in Romania?

Sherry
08-13-2009, 05:09 AM
I'm kinda grateful to the cripple guy. Made me feel like it's a place out there for everyone.And the shows great.
Lots of dogs Monte314! Particulary one on my street that tries to bite me every single day.

Nemesis
08-13-2009, 05:16 AM
Particulary one on my street that tries to bite me every single day.

Try offering it licorice and some linear algebra...

Sherry
08-13-2009, 06:14 AM
I'm not the quite the pacifist type.But if he ever bites me,he'll probably die of my venom:)

Monte314
08-13-2009, 08:19 AM
You needn't worry. My HARK is worse than my bite.

>>>HARK!<<<

*disgorges 3 pounds of half-digested moose guts on newby's shoes, runs away*

Sherry
08-13-2009, 12:10 PM
*grabs his tail and makes him clean the shoes 'til they shine*
seriously,nobody touch the shoes :cheesy:

Monte314
08-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Wow. You are worse than Zeus.

*gives newby wide berth*

jonnyb
08-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Welcome Sherry. I'm JonnyB and I drink Guiness. Although I did have a Murphy's Irish Stout when I stayed in Brasov. I love Romania! I believe there is another (((maybe more) at least one other I know of)) But not me))) on this forum who is from Romania.

I remember lots of stray dogs during my travel through Romania.

Sherry
08-14-2009, 04:20 AM
Uhu,Guiness is good too :) As for the Murphy's Stout,never heard of it,but I'm gonna try it.
Brasov is a really nice city,glad you didn't go to Bucharest.I don't love Romania,dunno why you do.
And there are a lot of cats too.I've actually adopted one.
Anybody from Romania,give me a shout!

crystaluniverse
08-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Hello. Trying to write a book sounds interesting. Dr. House, I can also identify with...he is so brilliant and quirky and downright huggable, and I'd hug him any way even if he protested. If others cannot accept you as both lovely and smart, that's their loss. I've observed this too in some of my colleagues—who after harassing me, asked me point blank, "Why do the beautiful and the sexy have to be blessed with so much intelligence as well?" Sound familiar? I wasn't even doing anything mean to them...which is just my way of saying that I know how it's like, and it makes me feel uncomfortable. People should just try to be as natural as possible without minding the characteristics of others. We're all uniquely endowed, IMO.

Sherry
08-15-2009, 06:09 PM
It's actually harder than it sounds.And I'm not sure yet how it's gonna see the light of day.As for Dr. House,he has his vulnerable spots that make him in the end so human,so likeable in a very just-leave-me-alone way.I would hug him anytime :).
Instead of them just appreciating the way you are, they wish you were dumber. You get all this bad and unwanted attention. It's not like I'm posing into a victim or wishing I was invisible, but as an introvert it's just...uncomfortable.Like you said.
We are all uniquely endowed,but not in the same area and for different purposes.That's what people don't get.That's what people don't respect.

Kamino
09-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Hey there! I'm also from Romania! ^.^

Oh and about the part about beauty as an opposite of intelligence: wear some fake glasses, have your hair not so ultimately diva-like (I don't know if you have such hair, so forgive me if I'm wrong). Is in the human nature to envy, and beauty+intelligence is too much for many ppl. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just telling the sad truth. Hope you don't mind my opinion.

Sherry
09-07-2009, 08:10 AM
Haha. I'm sure there are a lot of (much more)beautiful+inteligent creatures on the planet.If they can handle it, I can too.
And I don't do my hair like that anyway, but I still get typed as the 'it girl' by strangers. It's just wierd.

Monte314
09-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey, Sherry, virtually all INTJ's struggle with the challenges of being both brilliant and gorgeous.

*blushes humbly*

Here at the Forum, we can help. Our beauty salon ("Diva INTJ") has a look we call "The Friday's Child".

As an INTJ, we know that you'll want to go with what works:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk72/Monte314/zilla-1.jpg

Sherry
09-08-2009, 07:59 AM
yes MASTER!
I am transformed !
(the fear of)ridicule usually works, but you might have to get a little sneaky :)

Monte314
09-08-2009, 09:24 AM
*Dog eyes transformed newby*

Hmmm... you look like a genius. Can you help me with my math?

Sherry
09-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Give it a rest.
I'll do the same.
show's over folks, move along

Blse
09-08-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm trying to write a book and find a job to pay my bills

Yes, those are definitely mutually exclusive.

show's over folks, move along

Hey, I'm the one who gets to say that.

Rudy
09-23-2009, 10:22 PM
A very belated welcome, Roxane!

How are you enjoying the place so far? You've been gone a week, but I know you'll be back. I just know it! :)

In case there's anything you haven't picked up yet in your time here so far:

Check out the forum reference guide here (http://intjforum.com/faq.php?faq=guide). It has a summary of what type of posting is, and is not, allowed/encouraged on the forum. I recommend looking at it to avoid ridicule, post deletion, and possible death.

If you're looking for more info than that, you can read almost everything you need to know about the forum here (http://intjforum.com/faq.php), and a few more miscellaneous questions about forum features are answered by this thread here (http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=11698).

If you have questions not covered by these links, or need help with some aspect of the forum, you can create a thread in the Support & Feedback section (http://intjforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8), or contact one of the moderators on this list (http://intjforum.com/showgroups.php).

Please, continue to enjoy!